Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Mauve, his pied spot probably means he is split for recessive pied, or poorly marked dominant pied :)

·
Member of the Month April 2011
5,435 Posts
I will guess clearflight pied grey violet until the mutations experts come along ... :)

He's gorgeous! :loveeyes:

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
I agree w Susan. Grey clear flight pied. Although its hard for me to tell if his cheek patches are violet (like a mauve) or light blue (like a grey).

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
I think he is a mauve (probably violet) :) I also think his markings look more like a recessive pied than dominant or clear flight, although his cere looks very dark for a recessive pied male...

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
Albino it is! I've never seen a RP
Marked so much like a normal. I thought mauve at first, but lately my phone makes everything look different than my computer so I figured I was wrong.

G

·
The flight feathers hold the clue to mutation. But you had already clipped them, so unable to see whether there were 7 white flight feathers.

My belief is a mauve blue clearflight with the little white that could be seen left in the flight feathers. I said mauve because of the black tail feathers.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
As his flight feathers have been clipped we can't tell if they were clear or not. Also I wondered if the shade of blue we see in the photos really matches the bird's actual color.

From what I can see and using a bit of imagination I think the bird is probably a clearflight pied violet grey

·
Registered
155 Posts
As his flight feathers have been clipped we can't tell if they were clear or not. Also I wondered if the shade of blue we see in the photos really matches the bird's actual color.

From what I can see and using a bit of imagination I think the bird is probably a clearflight pied violet grey
I agree!
The cheek patches(even if he is too young)look like grey to me!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.