Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Budgie of the Month August 2010​

Edit: This contest is officially closed to entries. Please cast your votes at http://talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?t=58966
Welcome to a brand new month with a brand new challenge! Such a great turnout we had for July, I hope we can equal or beat those numbers this month :D

Let's start out by reviewing the rules and regulations.

Rules and Regulations
Each month a theme will be presented. All you have to do is simply snap a photo of your budgie(s) matching the theme of the month.
Please submit a recent photo.

Exception: I have received requests from members asking if they can enter photos of their budgies who have passed away. I have decided to make an exception to the recent photo rule in these cases. I will allow older photos of departed budgies.

The photo must be of a budgie(s); other birds are allowed to be in the photo but make sure the focus of your shot is on the budgie(s)
This is a no-frills photo competition.
No Photoshopping.
No props.
No enhancements such as glitter writing, sparkles etc.
The only enhancement you are allowed to do is photo cropping.

Only one entry is allowed per member.
Staff members are allowed to participate.

Please note that once you send in your entry it is final. You will not be allowed to subsitute it for another photo

The contest opens today and I will accept entries until August 21st (midnight)
On August 22nd I will post a poll for voting by the members of Talk Budgies and the winner will be announced on August 30th.

Edit: I have decided to move the entry deadline time up by 12 hours. Due to the amount of entries received, it looks like we will be having 3 polls to vote on. It's Poofy Mania :eek: The new deadline is Aug. 21st at noon.

All entries must be PM'd to me for posting. Please include your budgie(s) names when you send me the entry, also let me know what you think the next month's challenge should be.

Prizes:cup:

The winner will receive 50 karma points!

A desktop wallpaper, featuring the winner will also be awarded. This wallpaper is made available in different sizes for downloading by everyone.Here is the winning entry from last month. Doesn't Ace look great !You can download it here:http://photobucket.com/august2010botmwallpapers

The winner also has the honor of picking the next month's challenge.
Zohie has chosen a popular challenge for this month.

The challenge for August is...............................................

POOF! (when budgies poof out their feathers during preening)​

That is Zohie's challange to you!
Sound easy? Good!
Get out the camera and charge up those batteries and let's start seeing those photos!

Good luck to all :fingerx:

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Hope my entry is poofy enough. ^_^

·
Registered
642 Posts
I entered! :D I happened to have THE perfect photo. Actually 3, but me and my sisters all decided this was the best one I took of the three of them. :)

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
You have all made me speechless! 7 entries on Day 1 ! Unbelievable!

Thank you Teasha! Scooter is truly the most poofiest budgie I have ever seen :laughing1:

Thank you Vickie! Honey looks very poofy indeed :D

Thank you J! Mickey is as adorable and handsome as ever and I do see some great poofiness in that shot! ;)

Thank you Kassidy! Koko is certainly ready to enter this poofy competition :laughing2::clap:

Thank you Becca ! Such an beautiful photo. Ivory sure likes to preen James :)

Click here to see all the entries : http://talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?t=57988

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
You have all made me speechless! 7 entries on Day 1 ! Unbelievable!

Thank you Teasha! Scooter is truly the most poofiest budgie I have ever seen :laughing1:

Thank you Vickie! Honey looks very poofy indeed :D

Thank you J! Mickey is as adorable and handsome as ever and I do see some great poofiness in that shot! ;)

Thank you Kassidy! Koko is certainly ready to enter this poofy competition :laughing2::clap:

Thank you Becca ! Such an beautiful photo. Ivory sure likes to preen James :)

Click here to see all the entries : http://talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?t=57988
If I had won I woulda picked poofy budgies or preening budgies so was excited when this was announced! Thank you!

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This challenge is turning out to be our most popular one yet!

Thank you Barrie! Fantastic shot of Yella preening :thumbsup:

Thank you Patricia! Mollie is such a sweetheart, I just love the look on her face :happy4:

Thank you Trellie! Now that Bailey is most definitly poofy! :clap:

Thank you Renae! Wingli's photo made me smile. He is so happy to be scratching that itch :laughing2:

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
I'm loving all the poofy budgies. What a cute idea for this month.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
What a cute theme!
I'll certainly giv it a shot. Can't be too hard to get the photo my two are always preening! :p
And really cute entries too!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.