Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Welcome to a brand new month and a brand new challenge :)

October was a heck of a month wasn't it? For the first time ever, BOTM had a tie vote. :eek:
It delayed the start of this month's challenge, but with our winner now declared we are ready to start
Let's start by reviewing the rules and regualtions.

Rules and Regulations
Each month a photo challenge will be presented. All you have to do is simply snap a photo of your budgie(s) matching the challenge theme of the month.
Please submit a recent photo.

Exception: I have received requests from members asking if they can enter photos of their budgies who have passed away. I have decided to make an exception to the recent photo rule in these cases. I will allow older photos of departed budgies.

The photo must be of a budgie(s); other birds are allowed to be in the photo but make sure the focus of your shot is on the budgie(s)
This is a no-frills photo competition.

No Photoshopping.

Photos need not be staged. Props are not neccessary. A spontaneuos photo is best. If your budgie(s) happens to land on something such as a stuffed toy or another object and you think the photo would suit the competition it will be allowed.

No enhancements such as glitter writing, sparkles etc.
The only enhancement you are allowed to do is photo cropping.

Only one entry is allowed per member.
Staff members are allowed to participate.

Please note that once you send in your entry it is final. You will not be allowed to subsitute it for another photo.

Deadline

The contest opens today and I will accept entries until November 20th at noon Eastern Standard Time.
On November 20th I will post a poll(s) for voting by the members of Talk Budgies and the winner will be announced on November 30th

All entries must be PM'd to me for posting. Do not post your own photo.

Please include your budgie(s) names when you send me the entry, also let me know what you think the next month's challenge should be.

Prizes

The winner will receive 50 karma points!
A desktop calendar wallpaper, featuring the winner will also be awarded. This wallpaper will be made available in different sizes for downloading by everyone.

Here is the winning photo for October, designed in a lovely calendar wallpaper page :

Ace has the funniest face!

The winner also has the honor of picking the next month's challenge.

Ambisense has chosen an interesting challenge for this month.

The challenge for November is...............................................

Cribz

Much like the hit MTV show "Cribs" we want to see your budgie's cages/playgyms and or aviaries. The MTV show focuses on a person showing off their home and possesions, Z, wants to see your budgie (s) do the same thing.
Remember a bigger cage doesn't mean it's a better cage. The way the cage is set up is the important thing. Some budgie's have some very cool play areas as well, so playgyms will be acceptable. Make sure your budgie is in the photo along with his/her crib
:cool:

For those of you who are of an older generation, like me, think "House Beautiful" ;)

Looking forward to seeing everyone's entries-good luck! :D

·
Paparazzi
5,579 Posts
:giggle: you articulated the theme much better than I could in my PM :giggle:
Could you edit it because I realized that people with aviaries seem to be left out? Cages/aviaries/play areas :D

·
Paparazzi
5,579 Posts
I'm so excited! :) Our cage isn't exactly luxurious, but we don't aim for luxurious, we aim for comfortably. My budgies are proud to show that off any day of the week :)
A comfortable cage is a more homely cage than one with just lots of toys crammed in without a second thought :) I find a lot of members' cages really charming!

·
Human Jungle-gym
3,270 Posts
A comfortable cage is a more homely cage than one with just lots of toys crammed in without a second thought :) I find a lot of members' cages really charming!
I don't have many toys, but they have room to fly around in their cage when I'm not around :eek: I had to sacrifice something. I mean, I'm getting a bigger cage, but for now, we make do :eek:

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We have our first entry.
Amberlea budgies are decking the halls in their crib-thank you Amberlea:)

Let's see what the rest of our budgie community has. I lots of you have some amazing cage set-ups. You don't have to decorate it, just send me a photo of it. Show-off your budgies home :)

Click here to see the entries: http://talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?t=62330

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Remember this month's winner will receive the custom made calendar page for the month of December. The last budgie of the month for 2010..........

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.