Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Edit: this month's competition is officially closed. Cast your vote now at : http://talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?t=61722 Welcome to a brand new month and a brand new challenge!

Summer is officially over :( But what a summer it was for the BOTM contest! It's popularity continues to grow thanks to your wonderful entries :)

What will the challenge be this month?

Let's start out by reviewing the rules and regulations.

Rules and Regulations

Each month a photo challenge will be presented. All you have to do is simply snap a photo of your budgie(s) matching the challenge theme of the month.
Please submit a recent photo.

Exception: I have received requests from members asking if they can enter photos of their budgies who have passed away. I have decided to make an exception to the recent photo rule in these cases. I will allow older photos of departed budgies.

The photo must be of a budgie(s); other birds are allowed to be in the photo but make sure the focus of your shot is on the budgie(s)
This is a no-frills photo competition.

No Photoshopping.

Photos need not be staged. Props are not neccessary. A spontaneuos photo is best. If your budgie(s) happens to land on something such as a stuffed toy or another object and you think the photo would suit the competition it will be allowed.

No enhancements such as glitter writing, sparkles etc.
The only enhancement you are allowed to do is photo cropping.

Only one entry is allowed per member.
Staff members are allowed to participate.

Please note that once you send in your entry it is final. You will not be allowed to subsitute it for another photo.

Deadline

The contest opens today and I will accept entries until October 23rd at noon Eastern Standard Time.
On October 23rd I will post a poll(s) for voting by the members of Talk Budgies and the winner will be announced on October 30th.

All entries must be PM'd to me for posting. Do not post your own photo.
Please include your budgie(s) names when you send me the entry, also let me know what you think the next month's challenge should be.

Prizes

The winner will receive 50 karma points!
A desktop calendar wallpaper, featuring the winner will also be awarded. This wallpaper will be made available in different sizes for downloading by everyone.

Here is the winning entry from last month.You can download it here: http://photobucket.com/october2010botmwallpapers

Doesn't Kenji look adorable in that bathtub!

The winner also has the honor of picking the next month's challenge.

Corina has chosen an interesting challenge for this month. :D

The challenge for October is...............................................

Funny Faces!

The title says it all! Snap a photo of your budgie(s) making what you think is a "funny face" and PM it to me.

That is Corina's challenge to you!

Sound easy? Maybe.......maybe not!
Get out the camera and charge up those batteries and let's start seeing those photos!

Good luck to everyone! :p

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
What a fun challenge!! Jake is full of funny faces, so I can't wait to start stalking him with a camera :)

·
Member of the Month September 2011
7,747 Posts
I have entered my little sick birdy Talola :D She is a clown but because she is ill she isn't that funny but I'll still try :)

·
Paparazzi
5,579 Posts
oh oh fun theme :D My camera is broken :( But according to the rules I can enter an old photo so I'll see what I can dig up from my hard drive!

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
Louara your post made me laugh.

I know this is going to be a good month.

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Whoa we are only twelve hours into this contest and we already have three fabulous entries!:D

Thank you Tia! Aztec sure has a smirky grin on his face-great shot :clap:

Thank you Amberlea! I am sorry that Talola is not feeling well, but if she keeps eating like that, she will gain her strength back in no time :laughing2:

Thank you Erin! That's a cute photo of Mal :happy4: I've tried resizing it but it comes out blurry. If you can resize it and send me the link, I will re-post it :)

Ok keep those funny faces coming everyone!

Click here to see all the entries: http://talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?t=60806

·
Heavy Metal Pirate
5,493 Posts
Might join :D Yay for already having 3 entries \(^o^)/

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is turning out to be a popular challenge! Six entries in one day :D

Thank you Becca! Don't you just love it when budgies twist their heads around like that-it cracks me up too :laughing2:

Thank you J ! Now that Mickey can charm anyone with that smile :laughing1: Great shot!:2thumbs:

Thank you Mally ! I can just imagine what Squee is thinking about looking at Indy and Indy's expression is priceless :giggle:

Such a great kickoff to this month! Keep them coming :)

Click here to see all the entries : http://talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?t=60806

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.