Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Welcome to a brand new month and a brand new competition!

Can you believe that summer is almost over? :( August was our best month yet for this contest and I hope we have even more fun this month. :D

Let's start out by reviewing the rules and regulations.

Rules and Regulations
Each month a theme will be presented. All you have to do is simply snap a photo of your budgie(s) matching the theme of the month.
Please submit a recent photo.

Exception: I have received requests from members asking if they can enter photos of their budgies who have passed away. I have decided to make an exception to the recent photo rule in these cases. I will allow older photos of departed budgies.

The photo must be of a budgie(s); other birds are allowed to be in the photo but make sure the focus of your shot is on the budgie(s)
This is a no-frills photo competition.
No Photoshopping.
No props.
No enhancements such as glitter writing, sparkles etc.
The only enhancement you are allowed to do is photo cropping.

Only one entry is allowed per member.
Staff members are allowed to participate.

Please note that once you send in your entry it is final. You will not be allowed to subsitute it for another photo.

Deadline
The contest opens today and I will accept entries until September 18th at noon.
On September 18th I will post a poll(s) for voting by the members of Talk Budgies and the winner will be announced on September 30th.

All entries must be PM'd to me for posting. Do not post your own photo. Please include your budgie(s) names when you send me the entry, also let me know what you think the next month's challenge should be.

Prizes :happy4:

The winner will receive 50 karma points! :star:
A desktop calendar wallpaper, featuring the winner will also be awarded. This wallpaper will be made available in different sizes for downloading by everyone.

Here is the winning entry from last month, you can download it here:http://photobucket.com/september2010botmwallpapers

Doesn't Scooter look poofy !

The winner also has the honor of picking the next month's challenge.

Teasha has chosen a popular challenge for this month.

The challenge for September is...............................................​

Wet Budgies!

This can be a photo of your budgie (s) bathing, taking a shower /mist or how they look afterwards. The only rule is the budgie must be wet!

That is Teasha's challange to you!
Sound easy? Good!
Get out the camera and charge up those batteries and let's start seeing those photos!

Good luck to all

·
Registered
10,220 Posts
I best go find my camera :D

Love the pic of Bananas!

·
Member of the Month September 2011
7,747 Posts
nice one spicky. I am not going to enter this time as my budgies don't bath and it is nfair to force them but next time i will be on :D good luck everyone

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
Spicky, that is one of the best wet budgie pictures I've seen. Bananas sure does enjoy a good bath doesn't she. :D

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Our second contestant is the beautiful Mama Mika :)

Thank you Zeena! Mika looks like she just got off the waterpark slides :giggle:

Fantastic photo as always :thumbsup: :clap:

Well that is two for the ladies so far, they're not shy, where are the boys!?
We must have some boys on site who enjoy a dip in the water ;)

Click here to see all the entries:
http://talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?t=59434

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Ha ha Louara you were right I was wrong! You said a wet Budgie Comp would come. Remember the poofy photo of Mickey I wanted to enter? Now is my chance!!! :D Hahaha ;)

Good luck everyone.

·
Human Jungle-gym
3,270 Posts
The entries are so great so far! :) The budgies teased me today. I got all ready to photograph them bathing .. and my battery was dead already ... :D I used it A LOT yesterday. So, maybe I'll get to catch them again. :pray:

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It is so nice to see all these wet budgies today! We are having a record-breaking heatwave in my neck of the woods and seeing all these photos helps me cool off!

Thank you i♥mybudgies ! Pixie sure had a good soaking and the water really shows her vibrant colours. Beautiful photo :clap: :clap:

Thank you J ! Mickey is our first male contestant and doesn't he look fine! Any girl would want him :love: I love the way his colours blend into each other. It is a great photo and I am happy you got to submit it this month :thumbsup:

Thank you Corina! Another boy has decided to join the party :jumping1: Kenji is the cutest little guy :D
Such expression he has and I love those dishes you use as bathtubs. I wish I could find some.

Isn't is wonderful seeing all these happy budgies? It sure put a smile on my face today.:)
Let's see some more!

Click here to see all the entries: http://talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?t=59434

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Awesome theme!
Have to get out the spray bottle this weekend :p
hopefully it'll be nice and warm!

1 - 20 of 97 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.