Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Budgie of the Month July 2010

This month is officialy closed for entries.
Click here to vote:
Poll # 1 : http://talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?t=57376
Poll # 2 : http://talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?t=57372

Welcome to a brand new month with a brand new challenge! What a fantastic kickoff we had last month, we even have our own BOTM Forum now!:cool:

Let's start out by reviewing the rules and regulations.

Rules and Regulations
Each month a theme will be presented. All you have to do is simply snap a photo of your budgie(s) matching the theme of the month.
Please submit a recent photo.

Exception: I have received requests from members asking if they can enter photos of their budgies who have passed away. I have decided to make an exception to the recent photo rule in these cases. I will allow older photos of departed budgies.

The photo must be of a budgie(s); other birds are allowed to be in the photo but make sure the focus of your shot is on the budgie(s)
This is a no-frills photo competition.
No Photoshopping.
No props.
No enhancements such as glitter writing, sparkles etc.
The only enhancement you are allowed to do is photo cropping.

Only one entry is allowed per member.
Staff members are allowed to participate.

Please note that once you send in your entry it is final. You will not be allowed to subsitute it for another photo

The contest opens today and I will accept entries until July 21st. (midnight)
On July 22nd I will post a poll for voting by the members of Talk Budgies and the winner will be announced on July 31st.

All entries must be PM'd to me for posting. Please include your budgie(s) names when you send me the entry, also let me know what you think the next month's challenge should be.

Prizes:cup:
The winner will receive 50 karma points! :wow:
A desktop wallpaper, featuring the winner will also be awarded. :whoo:This wallpaper is made available in different sizes for downloading by everyone.Here is the winning entry from last month. Isn't it great! You can download it here:http://photobucket.com/july2010botmwallpapers

The winner will also have the honor of picking the next month's challenge.

Our winner for June, Ahmed, has chosen this month's challenge

The BOTM theme for July is......

Budgies Eating!:D

Now this can be budgies feeding each other, sharing a meal together, feeding a favorite toy, feeding you ! or eating a fine meal by themselves as my Gracie-Mae has kindly demonstrated below.;)

Sounds easy? Good! :)So break out the good food and start snapping those photos.
I wish you all the best of luck.:fingerx:

To quote Julia Child "Bon Appetit" !:)

·
<3
4,275 Posts
oooh how excitting!!! To bad my budgies HATE good food lol

·
Registered
7,173 Posts
ooo This is gonna be exciting :D I think for this one, getting a picture of one of the girls will be easier. They're always muching or being fed :rolleyes:

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Holy Cannoli :eek: The first day of competition and we already have four fantastic entries:jumping1::spin::jumping1:

Thank you chicopixie! I love the way you got the overhead shot of Sprinkles chowing down on that millet. A real "birds eye view" :laughing2: :D Fantastic:laughing2:

Thank you MsBudgie! I barely recognized Sunny now that he is awake! He is adorable and really is enjoying some healthy leafy greens:clap: No wonder he looks so good!:2thumbs:

Thank you J! Mickey looks like he is guarding his favorite meal :giggle: He sure is a cutie;):D

Thank you Zohie! Spade is precious:) What a healthy snack she is having and enjoying! It is written all over her face:thumbsup::clap::laughing2:

You have all made my day be seeing these fabulous photos:2thumbs:

Keep them coming everybody!

Click here to see the BOTM entries: http://talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?t=56417

·
Paparazzi
5,579 Posts
Already some uber cute entries!

If I could make a correction though Louara? I typed the wrong budgie name when I entered it. That is Ace in the photo I submitted, not spade :) I was stuck between entering Ace or Spade's photo. In the end went with Ace's photo because she had a better posture.

This Spade's photo that I chose not to enter. Was hard to choose!

·
Registered
10,220 Posts
I'll give it a go! Shouldn't be too difficult, Skye'll do anything for a bit of millet. Or apple. Or anything else she thinks is edible. :eek:

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Already some uber cute entries!

If I could make a correction though Louara? I typed the wrong budgie name when I entered it. That is Ace in the photo I submitted, not spade :) I was stuck between entering Ace or Spade's photo. In the end went with Ace's photo because she had a better posture.

This Spade's photo that I chose not to enter. Was hard to choose!
Fixed! When I first saw the photo I thought is was Ace and then I thought-Wow Ace and Spade sure look alike:eek: lol!
Spade's photo is great too! It must of been a tough decision to choose between the two.

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We have entry number five showing our first pair of budgies! :clap::jumping1::happy4:

Thank you Renae! Reiko and Zora are a beautiful pair. They sure seem to be enjoying a nice snack together:)

All these photos are making Gracie-Mae and I hungry!

Click here to see the BOTM entries: http://talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?t=56417

1 - 20 of 97 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.