Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome everyone to a brand new month. I am very happy to see January end, the weather has been dreadful hasn't it? The only bright spot in the whole month was those fantastic photos of the Love Budgies. That made me smile everyday :D

Are you ready for a new challenge?

Good! First let's start by reviewing the rules and regulations.

Rules and Regulations:
Each month a photo challenge will be presented. All you have to do is simply snap a photo of your budgie(s) matching the challenge theme of the month.
Please submit a recent photo. (taken within the last 6 months)

Exception:
I have received requests from members asking if they can enter photos of their budgies who have passed away. I have decided to make an exception to the recent photo rule in these cases. I will allow older photos of departed budgies.

The photo must be of a budgie(s); other birds are allowed to be in the photo but make sure the focus of your shot is on the budgie(s)
This is a no-frills photo competition.
No Photoshopping.
Photos need not be staged. Props are not neccessary. A spontaneuos photo is best. If your budgie(s) happens to land on something such as a stuffed toy or another object and you think the photo would suit the competition it will be allowed.

No enhancements such as glitter writing, sparkles etc.
The only enhancement you are allowed to do is photo cropping.

Only one entry is allowed per member.
Staff members are allowed to participate.

Please note that once you send in your entry it is final. You will not be allowed to subsitute it for another photo.

Deadline
The contest opens today and I will accept entries until February 19th at 10:00h Eastern Standard Time.
On February 19th I will post a poll(s) for voting by the members of Talk Budgies and the winner will be announced on February 27th.

All entries must be PM'd to me for posting. Do not post your own photo.Please include your budgie(s) names when you send me the entry, also let me know what you think the next month's challenge should be.

Prizes
The winner will receive 50 karma points!
A desktop calendar wallpaper, featuring the winner will also be awarded. This wallpaper will be made available in different sizes for downloading by everyone.
The winner also has the honor of picking the next month's challenge as well as automatically being entered into the Budgie of the Year competition which will take place in December.

Here is Rachel's winning photo from last month. The wallpaper is now available for downloading in different sizes, check the Announcement Forum.
Now aren't Mango & Tanti the cutest couple........

Are you ready for Rachel's challenge? It's a good one and I am looking forward to seeing the photo entries.
The challenge is...................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Hiding Budgies!

Budgies are experts at hide n seek, find where your budgie(s) like to hide out, snap a photo and send it to me

This is Rachel's challenge to you! Good luck to everyone!

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
This is going to be so cool. Time to play "where's the budgie". :D

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
It's like Wheres Wally, but with budgies :p

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gracie-Mae has generously agreed to show how it is done.
She is a pro at hiding and I have the gray hairs to prove it!

Here she is in just some of her favorite hiding spots.

In my CD collecton.......

and in my parka hood...............

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.