Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome one and all to a brand new Budgie of the Month challenge !

Are you ready to have some fun? I sure am :D

Let's start by reviewing the rules and regulations.

Rules and Regulations:

Each month a photo challenge will be presented. All you have to do is simply snap a photo of your budgie(s) matching the challenge theme of the month.
Please submit a recent photo. (taken within the last 6 months)

Exception:
I have received requests from members asking if they can enter photos of their budgies who have passed away. I have decided to make an exception to the recent photo rule in these cases. I will allow older photos of departed budgies.

The photo must be of a budgie(s); other birds are allowed to be in the photo but make sure the focus of your shot is on the budgie(s)
This is a no-frills photo competition.
No Photoshopping.
Photos need not be staged. Props are not necessary. A spontaneous photo is best. If your budgie(s) happens to land on something such as a stuffed toy or another object and you think the photo would suit the competition it will be allowed.

No enhancements such as glitter writing, sparkles etc.
The only enhancement you are allowed to do is photo cropping. Water marks are allowed
Only one entry is allowed per member.
Staff members are welcomed to participate.

Please note that once you send in your entry it is final. You will not be able to substitute it for another photo.

Deadline

The contest starts now and the last day for entries is Sept. 24th.

This part is really important! Make sure you follow these rules!
All entries must be PM'd to me for posting. Do not post your own photo. Please include your budgie(s) names when you send me the entry, also let me know what you think the next month's challenge should be.

Prizes
The winner will receive 50 karma points !
A Desktop calendar wallpaper, featuring the winner will also be awarded. This wallpaper will be made available in different sizes for downloading by everyone.
The winner also has the honor of picking the next month's challenge as well as automatically being entered into the Budgie of the Year competition which will take place in December.

If you have any questions regarding the rules, please post them here.

Now the fun begins.

Deborah & Sunny's challenge to you is.....................

:nono: Nosy/Naughty Budgies! :nono:​

Is your budgie nosy or naughty or both? Then this challenge is for you.

We want to see the budgie troublemakers!

Gracie-Mae has volunteered to demonstrate how a nosy/naughty budgies behave. Take it away Gracie-Mae!

"hi! this is me being nosy....i wonder what louara's got in here....?"

"and here i am being naughty....see all the chew marks on louara's cd's , she was real steamed about that & when i knocked them all over her face turned all different colours...i didn't know she could do that! so you can be nosy, naughty or both at the same time-it's easy-heehee" :giggle:

Thanks for that excellent demostration Gracie-Mae.
Now it's your turn. Start snapping photos of those naughty budgies and PM them to me.
Let the game begin!

·
Registered
6,913 Posts
I wish I had a photo of the time a few of them pulled the credit cards out of my purse.

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think we have a hit on our hands , 2 entries in 3 hours! This is a good challenge:)
Now look at the next photo. Isn't that a gorgeous parrot.... keep looking down and what do you see? Another naughty budgie :nono: Ninja is chewing up his brother's tail! :eek:
Thanks for that photo Si, it's a great one :)

Click here to see the entries: http://talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?p=880884#post880884

·
Administrator
56,635 Posts
I'm going to have such fun sitting back and viewing all the great entries this month.

I hope a whole bunch of you plan to enter...
I've heard stories ;) about some of your nosy/naughty little budgies!! :laughing2:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Tsk, tsk Lola. I think she needs some monitering on the computer :D

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
This should be fun. Is Gracie-Mae looking for her Justin Bieber videos? :p

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Hey how do i send a pic in PM to Louara. Just that i dont know how to send it with the http thing thanks.

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
Hey how do i send a pic in PM to Louara. Just that i dont know how to send it with the http thing thanks.
Go to Louara's name and click on 'send private message'. Then copy and paste the picture link just as you would on a thread. Does that help?

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I'm going to have such fun sitting back and viewing all the great entries this month.

I hope a whole bunch of you plan to enter...
I've heard stories ;) about some of your nosy/naughty little budgies!! :laughing2:
You can enter if you like Deborah. There is no rule against winners entering again :)

This should be fun. Is Gracie-Mae looking for her Justin Bieber videos? :p
"no-those are locked away in a special place :love: i was looking for my madonna cds-louara is always hiding them on me:mad:"

Hi there. Just hit your backspace key to delete the http thingy and then insert your link.
I got your picture. Remember for next time not to post it here ok? Ollie is sure one wet budgie! Silly Ollie :)

Whoa we are up to 8 entries already, that's a lot of naughtiness :p

Thank you Amberlea! Jack is really giving Milo a nip in the bum:eek:
Poor Milo!

Thank you jessyrae. Your Citrus was very beautiful, I know you miss her. That is a cool poster on the wall. Is it some kind of first aid display? Citrus looks like my Gracie-Mae :)

Thank you Alexia! I'm so happy you entered this photo. When I saw it this morning it made me laugh :D Guess you have to check where Blu is before you close the refrigerator door at your house!

Thank you iheartmybudgie! Chico is the man:p

Thank you Anna! So great to see Mickey here again :) Now what is he hiding hmmmm?

Wow-ok I am ready for more-keep 'em coming!

Click here to see all the entries :http://talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?p=881366#post881366

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.