Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome everyone to a brand new year! With a brand new challenge to kick off the 2011 season of Budgie of the Month photo challenge contest. Over the past month I have noticed that we have many new members I want to welcome you all and hope you will participate in our monthly contest.

Did everyone have a good holiday? Are all our budgies well rested and ready to face a brand new challenge?
Good! Let start by reviewing the rules and regulations.

Rules and Regulations
Each month a photo challenge will be presented. All you have to do is simply snap a photo of your budgie(s) matching the challenge theme of the month.
Please submit a recent photo. (taken within the last 6 months)
Exception: I have received requests from members asking if they can enter photos of their budgies who have passed away. I have decided to make an exception to the recent photo rule in these cases. I will allow older photos of departed budgies.

The photo must be of a budgie(s); other birds are allowed to be in the photo but make sure the focus of your shot is on the budgie(s)
This is a no-frills photo competition.
No Photoshopping.
Photos need not be staged. Props are not neccessary. A spontaneuos photo is best. If your budgie(s) happens to land on something such as a stuffed toy or another object and you think the photo would suit the competition it will be allowed.

No enhancements such as glitter writing, sparkles etc.
The only enhancement you are allowed to do is photo cropping.

Only one entry is allowed per member.
Staff members are allowed to participate.

Please note that once you send in your entry it is final. You will not be allowed to subsitute it for another photo.

Deadline
The contest opens today and I will accept entries until January 22nd at noon Eastern Standard Time.
On January 22nd I will post a poll(s) for voting by the members of Talk Budgies and the winner will be announced on January 30th.

All entries must be PM'd to me for posting. Do not post your own photo.
Please include your budgie(s) names when you send me the entry, also let me know what you think the next month's challenge should be.

Prizes
The winner will receive 50 karma points!
A desktop calendar wallpaper, featuring the winner will also be awarded. This wallpaper will be made available in different sizes for downloading by everyone.
The winner also has the honor of picking the next month's challenge as well as automatically being entered into the Budgie of the Year competition which will take place in December.

Here is the calendar page from our last montly winner in November. The challenge was Cribz and SpickyDavies won for the photo of her budgie's fantastic cribs!

Wasn't that a beautiful calendar page to wrap up 2010.

Last month we took all the year's winners and asked you to vote for your favorite. We received 81 votes! The most ever for this competition!
The Budgie of the Year for 2010 was declared and a new calendar page for Jan 2011 featuring the winner Kenji , is now available for everyone for downloading.

Thank you Kim for desigining all the winner's calendar pages-we just love them! :)

Now SpickyDavies has chossen the challenge for this month and it is a good one.......are you ready?

The challenge for this month is.............................

Budgies in Love

Since the winning photo will be featured on the Feburary calendar page, SpickyDavies and I want to see your budgie(s) show us the loves of their lives!
Is it another budgie?
A favorite toy?
Maybe it is you! :love:
I do think my budgie is in love with our vacuum!:S

Whatever or whomever it is , snap a photo and send it to me

Show us some lovin' this month

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
:wow: that was quick for the entries to start rolling in. Better go through my pics or head to the birdroom armed with camera, plenty of amore goes on in there :giggle:

·
Registered
756 Posts
Mine kiss but stop as soon as I open the door. lol

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey we are up to seven entries in our first day! Love is all you need.......

Thank you Ms. Budgie! Blueberry and Sunny are too cute! Now that is a real peck on the cheek :D

Thank you Lisa! "we're not doing nothing mom-honest......";)

Click here to see all the entries: http://talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?t=64979

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.