Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome one and all to our monthly photo contest.
Did you all have a nice Hallowe'en? Eat too much candy? Me too:p ;) Are you ready for the final BOTM challenge for 2011?
Let's start by reviewing the rules and regulations.

Rules and Regulations:

Each month a photo challenge will be presented. All you have to do is simply snap a photo of your budgie(s) matching the challenge theme of the month.
Please submit a recent photo (taken within the past 6 months)

Exception:
I have received requests from members asking if they can enter photos of their budgies who have passed away. I have decided to make an exception to the recent photo rule in these cases. I will allow older photos of departed budgies

The photo must be of a budgie(s); other birds are allowed to be in the photo but make sure the focus of your shot is on the budgie(s)
This is a no-frills photo competition.
No Photoshopping.
Photos need not be staged. Props are not necessary. A spontaneous photo is best. If your budgie(s) happens to land on something such as a stuffed toy or another object and you think the photo would suit the competition it will be allowed.

No enhancements such as glitter writing, sparkles etc.
The only enhancement you are allowed to do is photo cropping. Water marks are allowed
Only one entry is allowed per member.
Staff members are welcomed to participate.

Please note that once you send in your entry it is final. You will not be able to substitute it for another photo.

This part is really important! Make sure you follow these rules!
All entries must be PM'd to me for posting. Do not post your own photo. Please include your budgie(s) names when you send me the entry, also let me know what you think the next month's challenge should be.

Deadline:

The contest starts now and the last day for entries is November 20th.

Prizes:
The winner will receive 50 karma points !
A Desktop wallpaper, featuring the winner will also be awarded. This wallpaper will be made available in different sizes for downloading by everyone.
The winner also has the honor of picking the next month's challenge as well as automatically being entered into the Budgie of the Year competition which will take place in December.

If you have any questions regarding the rules, please post them here.

Are you ready for Erika & Roger's challenge? Their challenge to you is......................................

"What is your Budgie Thinking?"​

Please include a one sentence caption to post along with your photo.
It's a bit tougher this month, but I think this will be lots of fun So start snapping those photos and writing those captions. The contest starts now! Good luck to all.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
I have a question... As roger won last months competition, am I still allowed to enter? :)
Kaitlyn, you have to PM your pic (with name of the budgie/s as well as the caption) to Louara :)

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can I post my picture here?
Send your picture to me for posting :)

I have a question... As roger won last months competition, am I still allowed to enter? :)
Kaitlyn, you have to PM your pic (with name of the budgie/s as well as the caption) to Louara :)
Yes, even though Roger is a past winner, there is no limit on how many times you and he can enter! I look forward to seeing your entry :)

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Excellent, thanks :D

·
Registered
850 Posts
Oops i think i jumped the gun and send a wrong thing. I didn't understand waht i was supposed to do haha. Oh well, i'll know for next time!

·
Registered
460 Posts
i dont understand the theme. can someone explain please?

·
Registered
1,962 Posts

Sure! You have to take a picture or use an existing recent picture of your budgie. Pick a good one! Then you write a one sentence caption that goes with the picture saying what you think your budgie is currently thinking in the pic.

Did that help?

·
Registered
380 Posts
I have the PERFECT picture!

My cat got in my Budgie's carrying cage, and she was just sitting in there. So I brought the Budgies out! They were on the cage all curious and my cat was freaking out! So funny!

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have entered! I hope I have done it right!!
You did it perfectly Josh, you and Joey are #8 :)

Oops i think i jumped the gun and send a wrong thing. I didn't understand waht i was supposed to do haha. Oh well, i'll know for next time!
Looked ok to me. You are # 9 :)

Have a look at the entries and you will get the idea. It's not hard at all, just send a photo with a caption to me and I will post it in the contest.

Here are all the entries so far:
http://talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?t=80275

Keep those photos and captions coming everybody!:D

·
Registered
460 Posts
ok, thanks. i get it now

·
Registered
460 Posts
i sent my entry but i'm not sure if it came through

1 - 20 of 57 Posts