Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello friends,

Welcome to October! The Autumn leaves are falling and frost is starting to form around the pumpkins. This is my favorite time of the year :)

If you are new to Talk Budgies, I invite you to join our monthly contest.
Let's start by reviewing the rules and regulations.

Rules and Regulations:

Each month a photo challenge will be presented. All you have to do is simply snap a photo of your budgie(s) matching the challenge theme of the month.

The photo must be of a budgie(s); other birds are allowed to be in the photo but make sure the focus of your shot is on the budgie(s)
This is a no-frills photo competition.
No Photoshopping.
Photos need not be staged. Props are not necessary. A spontaneous photo is best. If your budgie(s) happens to land on something such as a stuffed toy or another object and you think the photo would suit the competition it will be allowed.

No enhancements such as glitter writing, sparkles etc.
The only enhancement you are allowed to do is photo cropping. Water marks are allowed
Only one entry is allowed per member.
Staff members are welcomed to participate.

Please note that once you send in your entry it is final. You will not be able to substitute it for another photo.

Deadline:

The contest starts now and the last day for entries is Oct. 22nd.

This part is really important! Make sure you follow these rules!
All entries must be PM'd to me for posting. Do not post your own photo. Please include your budgie(s) names when you send me the entry, also let me know what you think the next month's challenge should be.

Prizes:
The winner will receive 50 karma points ! :happy4:
A Desktop calendar wallpaper, featuring the winner will also be awarded. This wallpaper will be made available in different sizes for downloading by everyone.
The winner also has the honor of picking the next month's challenge as well as automatically being entered into the Budgie of the Year competition which will take place in December.

If you have any questions regarding the rules, please post them here.

Are you ready for a brand new challenge? This month Cliff has decided to give every one a treat (since Hallowe'en is just around the corner) and make it super easy for you all.

The challenge for October is........................................................................

A Favorite Photo of your Budgie(s)!​

It can be an old or new photo. For this month, the age of the photo you pick for posting does not matter. Now, I expect every member has his or her favorite photos. I know I do :)
It sounds like an easy challenge but picking out one favorite can be tough, so be sure it's the one you want to post before sending it to me.

It's a mixed bag this month. Like a bag of treats :D or should I say "tweets" :laughing:

Gracie-Mae and I expect lots of entries this month. Show us your favorite photos. :)

We will kick it off by showing my favorite photo of Gracie-Mae.

"don't i look pretty in this photo? like an angel.....heehee"

Good luck to everyone!:D

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
wow thats a hard one cliff because everyone on tb will need to enter as we all have favorite photos of our birds :D this one might have the most contestants lol

·
Registered
9,521 Posts
Great entries so far! :thumbsup:

I really don't know how I am going to choose just one. :XD: Better start going through my Photobucket.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Me either i have two fav pics to enter am wating a day or so for my friends to pic what one out the two on facebook got a voting going on what two i should enter so fa its looking llike Clauzie and Kermit. wait and see hope i get numba eight entree again lol altho i do like the pic in my siggy as well have so many pics sigh oh what one...........................
How do i PM my entree to Louara i can neva do it just so i know for when i have choosen a photo for the comp.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
been through photobucket 3 times and still cant make up my mind :)oh cliff you really have set a hard task this time

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
I had to enter this photo.

On October 19 in 2009, I lost my beloved Rocky.

Since this time, life has been very sad and lonely without him.

Aryelle, my daughter, and him surely loved each other.

This pic is from 2004 and Rocky just loved looking at her. She was only 9 in this pic and look at how he is looking right at her. True love.

I miss him so much and it would mean so much to us if he won :) Please.

Attachments

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey LOUARA i have decided to go for this Photo i have attatched it wont let me PM it to u for some reason.
Entree from Carla,clauzieand Kermit.....
I don't understand how why that happened. I posted it, you are # 11.

I think this one is so cute of Asypen!! :) I'm entering this one.
It has been posted. You are # 13.

I had to enter this photo.

On October 19 in 2009, I lost my beloved Rocky.

Since this time, life has been very sad and lonely without him.

Aryelle, my daughter, and him surely loved each other.

This pic is from 2004 and Rocky just loved looking at her. She was only 9 in this pic and look at how he is looking right at her. True love.

I miss him so much and it would mean so much to us if he won :) Please.
It has been posted , Rocky is # 14.

Please use the PM system next time to send entries. I might miss posting them if they are not PM'd-thanks :)

How do we vote?
Voting will be done by the polling system. The contest closes for entries on Oct 22nd. I will then post a poll for voting.

Click here to see all the entries : http://talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?t=78716

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.