Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
I had a few in the past and loved them. As stated above, they have a greater need for space than budgies and seemed a bit flightier - though not in the spooky sense, mine just liked to be able to fly about rather than climb. That probably makes them more of a large cage bird.

They were not handled at all, but would land next to my shoulder to see what I was doing, and on me if I was holding anything that may have been a nestbox, scurry down my arm and investigate it! My unhandled budgies were definitely not as naturally tame as the bourkes.

They make a lovely soft twittering sound, no screeches or loud chirping. When they fly their wings make a quiet whistling sound which I also really liked. Mine were also much more gentle than budgies and I would have liked to have tried handraising as I think they are just adorable and I wanted one inside wtih me....

They come in a few of colours (I like the pinks as I couldn't get pink in budgies, so they rounded out the rainbow in my aviary...) and are one of my favourite birds.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.