Talk Budgies Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Mango , Kiwi and late berry
73 Posts
Hoping 1 of these lutino babies turns out to be male. :) They will be weaned around the beginning of Aug 1.
Any guesses so far?
Your little budgie is really cute. Looking at the cere it looks like a male because he has pinkish cere. It would be better of you send another pic from a distance. Thank you 😊. Have a great day/night/eveing/afternoon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. The pics are 2 separate birds. They are still with the breeder. I’m planning on getting one if one is indeed a male. :)

·
Administrator
56,543 Posts
I'm not convinced that either of the budgies pictured are male. The ceres look very light on my computer screen.

Another picture of each - full frontal and taken in natural light, no flash and no direct sunlight is needed for an accurate assessment.

The purpose of this forum is to promote the BEST PRACTICES in the care of budgies for their optimal Health and Well-Being

Please take the time to read through the Site Guidelines, the FAQs, the Budgie Articles and all of the Stickies located at the top of each section of the forum.
Truly, the very BEST advice anyone can offer you is to take the time to read ALL of the stickies throughout the various Talk Budgie forums as well as the Budgie Articles we have posted.
These are great resources for Talk Budgie members and have a wealth of reliable information which will assist you to learn the best practices in caring for your budgies for their optimal health and well-being.

SITE GUIDELINES
List of Stickies
Posting on the Forums
Let's Talk Budgies!
FAQ
Articles
Be Prepared for Veterinary Care Expense
Avian First Aid
Quarantine IS Necessary!
A heartfelt plea to forum members new and old
Tips For Discouraging Breeding
Before You Ever Consider Breeding Your Budgies
Guidance for Breeding Advice Threads
Cage sizes.
Essentials to a Great Cage
Dangers to Pet Birds
Resource Directory

·
Super Moderator
18,454 Posts
Hi there and welcome to the forums!

Both budgies look like girls to me as well, although as mentioned, better photos would be helpful~ Is there a particular reason you wanted a male?

You've come to a great place to learn even more about the best of budgie care practices! Please be sure to read through the forums' many budgie articles and stickies, provided above by FaeryBee, to ensure you're up to date on everything. If you have any questions after doing so, please be sure to ask as we'd love to help!

Hope to see you around the forums! 👋

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got him home and he’s already settling in nicely. :). He’s still scared but super sweet.
Tiki is his name. ❤

Attachments

·
Administrator
56,543 Posts
Tiki is absolutely precious!

Please make sure Tiki is given time to settle into his new environment and become accustomed to his cage.
You don't want him to be overwhelmed with everyone wanting to hold him.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts