Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm still learning as much as I can about breeding, but I'm sure this will be simple for you pros out there.

What can you expect if you put together a green spangle male and a yellow dilute hen?

Thanks!

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
If its a single factor spangle, you can expect 50% spangles and 50% normals all split to dilute. They will all be yellow series (green)unless both birds are split to blue, in which case, 25% will be white series (blue).

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you both so much for your responses. I tried doing the calculations and following the charts, etc., but I got dizzy.

(Jerry: I found that book you told me about for 1 cent on the internet--4 dollars for shipping, so I bought it.) (Erin, thanks for being such a good moderator.)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hey Jim ..that's great..Nandel also got a copy on E-Bay.I think I paid around $12 20 years ago.It is a good book.Straight forward for the most part.Study the Dom Pied section and you will see why some are calling their birds double factor pieds when actually they are not.Yea Erin is a good Mod...is she blushing more?
Regards

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.