Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of budgies do I need to breed a yellow danish recessive pied? I want to breed One because it was my first type of budgie and I got it when I was 8. She had two sets of babies with a normal sky blue. Most of her budgies where albinos. She died when I was 16 and that was the end. So I just want to breed One so I can remember her:budgie:

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Danish pied is another name for the recessive pied mutation

To breed a recessive pied both parents need to have genes for recessive pied. If both parents are split for recessive pied you would expect to get about 25% recessive pied chicks. If one parent is split and the other is a recessive pied you'd get about 50%. If both parents are recessive pieds you'd get 100%

The ones that are mostly yellow are green based so one of the parents would need to be green based as well.

·
♥Budgies No.1 fan♥
3,368 Posts
oh its not complicated. it just means that if both parents have the recessive gene then you will have recessive pied chicks.
what nev is saying about it being green based is that..when you see a yellow recessive pied budgie it is actually green. (green budgie with yellow head) the yellow colouring has just become dominante over the green
:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.