Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to breed clearwings. Is it possible to get clearwings from a FB Greywing X FB Greywing pairing. I think so, but I just to make sure from the people who knows. Can you also give other mutations I can get from such a pairing. Lets say they aren't split for anything else.

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
I want to breed clearwings. Is it possible to get clearwings from a FB Greywing X FB Greywing pairing. I think so, but I just to make sure from the people who knows. Can you also give other mutations I can get from such a pairing. Lets say they aren't split for anything else.
Yep :)

You will get 1/2 full body greywings, 1/4 clearwings and 1/4 greywings from 2 fullbody greywings :)

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!! I know that it is difficult to distinguish between a greywing and a clearwing. Can you - or anyone else give me some points to look at to see the difference between these 2 mutations?

·
Registered
281 Posts
HI Dries,

I just had to smile (with this latest 1 from U)…U R very persistent…which I know is good, as U'll get there in the end..!

My reply is thus - on a similar thread I started…with link:
http://talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?t=71303

Having browsed the Net...

..I've come across these on this subject (...but I would still like to hear Ur opinion on the above pairings pse)...with credit to:

Tonic & Nev90 respectively:
1) "Multiple Alleles and Their Inheritance" => http://www.budgie-info.com/alleles.html

2) Past TB thread: http://www.talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?t=40184

wherein Nev90 posted following reply:

"50 years ago the clearwing mutation had only very faint grey wing markings but unfortunately now most clearwings have markings that are almost as dark as greywings. The main difference in the two mutations is that the body colour of the greywing is diluted about 50% but the clearwing is not. A full body greywing is a combination of the two mutations and has greywings and bright body colour. Most examples shown on the web are not very good at showing the difference.

Here are 3 pictures of my birds the 1st is greywing, 2nd is clearwing and 3rd is full body greywing:

Nev-GW-007-1.jpg

Nev-CW-41.jpg

Nev-FBC-11.jpg

................."

This helped me a lot...
Jdk
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I guess you & I need to get the FBC Grey-wings paired up with as much Dilutes we can find…hope some of these Dilutes' chicks show-up the "more dominant Clearwing" gene from these 2 recessive mutations…and then at least we know which parents do indeed carry the Clearwing gene…time (and some productive pairings) is all I now need!
--------------

MAYBE (WITH PERMISSION FROM THE TB ADMINISTRATORS) WE MUST START A "MASTER OF ALL CLEARWING" - THREADS!

I guess this gene is not the most common...or less expertise exist herein under the TB members...wish some members can show examples of their own past successes in this regard....

Hope such replies come in...will wait & C...

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Jaco. I will read through this when I'm not so tired.It is 1 o'clock in the morning. You see, 1 of my birds look almost like the second one, but it is said to be a greywing. I can't understand that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.