Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Iam new on budgie genetics, and my knoledge is "0". I have 2 pairs ,one is the male is an Australian dominant Pied Spangle and the female is a Spangle (Cinnamon markings?) also have a skyblue male paired with a Double Factor spangle hen (yellow). Will like to know what type of babies they may produce. Any help will be very appreciated. Thanks. I have pics but does not know how to post them. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
(I have moved your post to its own 'thread' so it will get separate attention and not be mingled in with a different question thread).

While we are waiting for our genetics experts to come along... :D

This thread will tell you all you need to know about uploading pictures! ;) Just upload them into this thread so that our budgie experts can see the male and female. :)

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Hi, Iam new on budgie genetics, and my knoledge is "0". I have 2 pairs ,one is the male is an Australian dominant Pied Spangle and the female is a Spangle (Cinnamon markings?) also have a skyblue male paired with a Double Factor spangle hen (yellow). Will like to know what type of babies they may produce. Any help will be very appreciated. Thanks. I have pics but does not know how to post them. Any suggestions?
Pictures would be good so we can be sure you've got the mutations right, there are instructions in the FAQ section on this link: http://www.talkbudgies.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_reading_posting#faq_vb3_attachments

A dominant pied spangle **** to a cinnamon spangle hen will produce 25% spangle, 25% spangle dominant pied, 12.5% normal, 12.5% dominant pied, 25% double factor spangle (half masking dominant pied). There won't be any visible cinnamon unless the **** is split for cinnamon but all the male chicks will be split for cinnamon

A sky blue male to a green series double factor spangle hen will produce 100% green single factor spangles unless the hen is split for blue. If she is split: 50% blue spangle, 50% green spangle

·
♥Budgies No.1 fan♥
3,368 Posts
yeah what nev said!
i love the spangles..lovely.
could we see some pictures?:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.