Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im interested to know what colour chicks I would get if my 2 budgies were to breed.
Colin the male is a sky blue spangle and Frankie the female is a yellowface type II.
Would they be recognized colours or would they just be a random mess?
thanks in advance.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. As far as i know his dad looked just like he does. As for the rest i have no idea. Will they just breed on their own or do i have to give them a box before they will do anything? Dont really wanna breed them yet, if at all, and im worried they will anyway as colin has been head bobbing for a few weeks now and there both very noisy, well more than usual. They have always fed each other from time to time since i had them and appart from the occasional squabble they are well bonded. Ive not seen any mating appart from a few months back when frankie tried to mount colin lol. Im guessing thats to do with dominance. Its partly why i thought frankie was male for ages.
I would like to breed them but i dont have the facilities right now and would need to make sure there are homes. Although weve never had problems selling the few g pig babies we had.
By all blues do you mean all birds have blue in the clutch or each chick will be all blue? Im new to the breeding sceen so not really up there with the terminology.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
No problem at all. If you don't want them to breed I would separate them. You can also move their perches and toys around. Yuu can also move the cage to a new location. Changing things up will take your hen out of breeding condition. As for their breeding box, a pair doesn't need a box to lay eggs. Some females will use food dishes or just the floor for a nest. But when you decide to breed them I would get a nest box. They are more comfortable using one.

As for color by all blue I meant their body color will blue. I hope you do some research before deciding to breed your pair. You sound knowledgable so i'm sure there won't be any problems. Good luck you have a very nice pair. I have found that most people want blue birds with yellow faces what a great color combo!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, i moved the cage recently already. Shes never been in breeding condition and her cere is very pale with a spot of blue. Ive read up on breeding just in case it does happen.
I dont want to split them up as there well bonded. They make a hell of a racket just when one flys out of the room and the other doesnt. I shall just keep moving things around for now and see what happens. Im sure i will be able to sell hand tame birds here as most are aviary and/or pet shop birds which are not tame.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.