Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
I have 10 Budgies, all are 1.5 years old or above, I am planning on breeding them, but not sure about the pairs!!! :O, I don't mind what colours will be produced, just the birds should be healthy :), Here they are.
Males:
Lutino
YF Skyblue
YF DF Spangle
Opaline Cobalt
VioletSky Blue

Females:
YF Albino
Albino
Cobalt
VioletSky Blue
Violet Spangle Dominant Pied.

I don't really mind which colours will be produced, I'm just looking for suggestions & colours which others would like :), i'm free to suggestions guys!!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I have a yen for Spangles, so maybe the double factor spangle with the Cobalt? I love the contrast of bright blue body and spangled wings! Since spangle is dominant, all the babes would be visibly spangled, right? Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I find this interesting but don't know much!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Males: ................ Females

Lutino ------------ Violet Spangle Dominant Pied.

YF Skyblue ------------ VioletSky Blue

YF DF Spangle ------------ YF Albino

Opaline Cobalt ------------- Albino

VioletSky Blue ----------- Cobalt

Pictures would be better :) Dont take my word for it.
Maybe Nev or Dean will come along :)

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
It depends what you want to produce. You could try them like this:

Lutino **** paired with the Albino hen. This would produce all ino chicks and if the lutino is split for blue you'd get about half each of lutino & albino

YF DF Spangle **** paired with the Cobalt hen. Chicks would be all be single factor spangles and about half would be yellow face

Opaline Cobalt **** paired with the VioletSky Blue hen. You'd get Opaline hens & normal cocks. Half would inherit violet and they would include both sky blue & cobalt

VioletSky Blue **** paired with the Violet Spangle Dominant Pied. hen. You'd would expect: dominant pied, spangle, normal & spangle dominant pied chicks. About 50% should be single factor violet, 25% double factor violet & 25% with no violet

YF Skyblue **** paired with the YF Albino hen. Results from this pair would depend on what mutations the albino is masking & what mutations the **** is spit for. If they are both the same yellow face type you'd get 50% single factor yellow face, 25% double factor yellow face & 25% nornal white face

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.