Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I have 9 birds which I will start breeding soon, 4 cocks & 5 hens, I will get a **** for the last hen soon :).
The **** birds:
Lutino
Green split cinnamon
Cobalt split opaline
YF2 Skyblue

The Hen birds:
Lutino
Albino
Green cinnamon
YF Albino
Violet Dominant pied spangle.

The YF2 Sky blue ****, The YF Albino & the Violet spangle dominant pied hen are all smaller then the rest, The Two lutinos are related so they cannot be bred! This is the last time i'm asking guys!! This is just so I can know which colours YOU would like :), I will breed them soon, to the colours you wish :),
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi teasha,
Yeh, but I don't mind the colours I breed, I would like suggestions, as I will always breed budgies for MYSELF, but I wanted to do something different & wanted to see what colours you would like :)
thanks

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi guys,
Thanks Teasha, But both the birds you listed are smaller ones :/, Can you do all of the birds? & debbie, I only have the Violet spangle dominant pied hen which is pied, If i put her to any bird (except ino) i should get 50% pieds & 50% normals!
Debbie, can you do all of them aswell?? SUGGESTIONS WELCOME GUYS!! :D

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Right Shobi - I will have a go (Bearing in mind I am still trying to get my head around what different mutations there are, let alone breeding to create specific mutations *gulp* :))

I think:

Pair 1 - YF Skyblue & Lutino
Pair 2 - Green split cinamon & YF Albino
Pair 3 - Colbalt Split opaline & Albino
Pair 4 - Lutino & Violet Dom pied Spangle

What would you get from those?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi teasha,
Done ;), them two shall be paired up this week :D, Any more? Just pick any ones!! I would like a pair for all!! :D
thanks guys

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
I know you just got these and I have been told don't be suprised if it takes 6 months before they breed so just passing that on ;) I'm not sure what you will get, but these seemed like they would be fun suprises :D

Lutino & Green cinnamon
Green split cinnamon & YF Albino
YF2 Skyblue & Albino

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sounds great :), I'll put them down for breeding as soon as they are ready :), thanks, anymore suggestions guys??
Thanks

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Guys,
I will be buying a new male, He is A Cobalt dominant pied ****, He is a lovely bird, I will go on saturday or sunday to pick him up!! So now the list is:
Cocks:
Lutino
Cobalt Dominant pied
Cobalt Split opaline
Green split cinnamon
YF2 Sky blue

Hens:
Lutino
Albino
YF Albino
Violet Spangle dominant Pied
Green cinnamon

The two lutino are related so cannot be bred, the YF2 Sky blue ****, YF albino hen & the Violet Spangle pied hen are all smaller then the others & I would want them to be paired with the bigger birds!! :), What do YOU suggest guys, ANY suggestions please!! :D I have added some pics of a few of the birds :)
Thanks

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.