Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i posted pics elsewhere,but i did not get replies(not the right kimd of thread) i did not get many pics of mom... heree! What might my budgie be?
Dad

Mom is not as green as u mihht take..she is a blue based yellowface2 is she cinnamon to?

See how pale green she is? And her markings are so light...

Lastly,i am on a broken tablet,pardon the spelling!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
From what I can see, she looks like a cinnamon! :)

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What are their mutations? I am happy she is cinnamon. What if she is fallow? how would you be able to tell?
Please, i would be happy to answer any questions.. from what i know, is this correct?
I they are NOT BOTH split for recessive pied:
50% normal blue
50% yellow face Blue

If they ARE BOTH split for recessive pied:
37.5% normal blue
37.5% yellow face Blue
12.5% recessive pied blue
12.5% yellow face recessive pied blue

·
Registered
458 Posts
Okay, you did use the flash on your camera which makes it a little harder. However, in my opinion...The dad is a Cobalt Normal, the hen a Skyblue Opaline Yellowface 2 Cinnamon. She is not Fallow, if she were, she would have red eyes for a start. :)

You would get:
50% Blues (Cobalts like dad, and Skyblues)
50% Yellowface blues

All the males will be split for Cinnamon and Opaline (which means if they were ever bred, some of their baby hens would be Opaline or Cinnamon or both).

Do you think they are split for Recessive Pied? If they are both, then yes your guesses above are correct.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
I they are NOT BOTH split for recessive pied:
50% normal blue
50% yellow face Blue

If they ARE BOTH split for recessive pied:
37.5% normal blue
37.5% yellow face Blue
12.5% recessive pied blue
12.5% yellow face recessive pied blue
This is a copy of what I posted on another forum If you are going to quote from elsewhere please credit the source.

It doesn't matter if the hen is cinnamon, greywing or fallow because these mutations will not show in the chicks unless the **** has genes for any of them

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry, when i copied it, i meant to source it.. I even tried to modify it so i could, i did not know it would not save, i'm so sorry!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.