Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know lutinos can be difficult to sex. As a baby, I was pretty sure Sashi was a boy, but now that he’s older, it’s beginning to dawn on me that he might actually be a SHE. I’m not very familiar with these mutations though, so I’d like second opinions. What do you think? Is Sashi (a Pakistani boy’s name) a Sasha?

Attachments

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! And I went back and looked it up. I don't know why I was thinking she's "lutino," looks like she's a yellow-faced dark-eyed clear. Sorry, again I'm no expert on mutations.

Yes, I hope to start posting their birdie adventures again soon. :)

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The 2 budgies sitting close together over this massage appear to be a bonded pair by sitting so close together.
Birdmanca, this picture is from when the two were babies, shortly after they were acquainted. Aren't they precious :001_tongue: ? They became immediately close and still get along very well (although Sasha can be a little bratty sometimes), but I've never noticed any mating behavior between them.

I'll be sure to avoid any nest-like objects in the future, as I do not want any budgie chicks anytime soon! :)

·
Super Moderator
17,998 Posts
So glad to hear you're taking the necessary steps to avoid accidental breeding :thumbsup:

I can't wait to see more of your adorable duo :)

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
By the way, I found out Sashi is a unisex name (and it sounds like one too), so I've decided to keep her name rather than change it to Sasha.

Thanks for the gender input, guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.