Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everybody,

These budgies are two years old and we have just bred from them for the first time. We have always believed that they are clearwings, but recently we have started to doubt this. Please could anybody identify the pair from the pictures given?

Interestingly, the outcomes of breeding yielded two "ino" babies, and two with a normal eye. However, one of the "normal" chicks is very white with only a hint of yellow on the tail tip. The eldest was initially thought to be an "Albino" but has a few very small and pale patches of yellow. Could this be a "Creamino"? One is definitely a Lutino, and the other is predominantly yellow with black eyes. The chicks are between 3-4 weeks old, so maybe the colours a yet to truly develop.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your time :)

Miles

Here is the Hen :

And here is the front and back of the ****...

·
Member of the Year 2016//Exceptional Service Award
4,409 Posts
Budgie

Hi, Welcome to TB, Have a look around at all of the different areas which have loads of info on every Budgie subject you can imagine!!

Enjoy the surprises. Budgies can be split for many hidden possibilities. For example my yf/op/sky **** X op/cobalt slate hen produced among other things a yfII/op/sky dilute **** split for slate and one characteristic short for rainbow -the clearwing. the onlyway to be sure is get the original breeders record for the hen and **** and try to go back two generations as many budgies will be split for green or blue and have cinnamon in the heritage to soften the feathers as cinnamon is great for slates as the slate shows but if you are crossing Inos for strong texas clearbody colors the cinnamon lightens the color while opaline will darken the texas clearbody color. So never use inos with cinnamon in the background. Cross 2 opalines and the area between the wings should clear up a lot. Hens are responsible for good spots so australian pieds who often lack enough spots should be crossed with the hen with the best spots.

The best bird We ever produced was from a DEC hen and a dark green clear flight ****.This produced DEC and clear flight and one very large cobalt /violet frosted pied ****. In only a few months he had enough show points for his grand champion the breeder who sold the dark green **** had sold me the lesser of 2 cocks she had and had no idea a frosted was hidden in the background.

I had no idea what I had until a British judge he was showing under turned around and said the bird was in the wrong show class which can result in a dismissal but the judge kindly took mercy on the novice ,me, and had the steward put him in the right place. That day he went on to take the novice class and the Rare class where he competes with all levels, not just novice. Blessings do happen in the strangest ways.

Best wishes, Jo A:budge:nn

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Hi there, photos of the chicks would help but.. I think your hen is a Spangle and your **** is a Spangle Opaline. That means your dark eyed chicks are likely to be double factor Spangles. If you got red eyed young as well then they are likely inos and will be hens. This means your **** bird is split for ino.

There is lots of info here and you could look at my Pinterest account, which has a board for Spangles that will have pictures of Spangles, Spangle Opalines and a double factor Spangle... http://www.pinterest.com/montiga/spangle-budgies/

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you

Thank you so much for your quick replies. Fascinating. I'll be back on this evening, especially as the first chick fledged this morning. What a lovely experience it was!

Miles

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.