Talk Budgies Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for a while my budgie has been chewing the paint off my walls and I never cared much about it (he wasn't ingesting it, just letting it fall and the paint doesn't have anything too toxic)
Him and my late budgie have worked off a good spot behind their cage and I'm rewlly wondering how to make him stop. The only good place to put his cage is by the wall so I can't put him away and I know its that he lacks chew toys, he has multiple he likes and I recently got him a new one
(My budgie is female if that matters)

·
Administrator
57,894 Posts
Allowing your budgie to lick, chew or peel paint is putting your bird's health at risk.
Try covering the wall by tacking a sheet or towel over the area.
Whenever you see the budgie in that spot, move her to a different place and distract her with a toy.
She should not be out of the cage unsupervised so it is up to you to put a stop to the behavior.
If that means putting her back into her cage, then you will need to do so.

·
Registered
14 Posts
So for a while my budgie has been chewing the paint off my walls and I never cared much about it (he wasn't ingesting it, just letting it fall and the paint doesn't have anything too toxic)
Him and my late budgie have worked off a good spot behind their cage and I'm rewlly wondering how to make him stop. The only good place to put his cage is by the wall so I can't put him away and I know its that he lacks chew toys, he has multiple he likes and I recently got him a new one
(My budgie is female if that matters)
I have a budgie who likes to hang out at a certain window, and we live in an old house with sort of peeling paint around the window... once I saw him pick at the paint a few times (I could get him to stop by squawking at him, lol) I covered it up with some cellophane tape as a temporary fix til I could get some cardboard up. However since I put the cellophane tape down over the specific area he picks, he's lost interest in picking altogether. In my case, though, it was only a very narrow area he was ever inclined to pick in the first place.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts