Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am planning at some point in the early new year to adopt a Budgie.... My issue is trying to decide where to place the enclosure. I have 3 choices:

1. Living Room: I find this is of course the most used room being a great room and next to the kitchen but I think it can be a bit chilly at night and I would worry about cooking fumes. I would however have some sort of a perching stand for the day hours.

2. Guest Room: This room is a sitting room normally and guest room at other times. My worry is would this bother the Budgie if someone is sleeping in this room on an occasional basis (no more than 6 or 7 nights a year)... this room is right off the living room.

3. Bedroom: This room is of course not used much during the day but is good in the evenings for sleeping time. Of course they would be let out for several hours of the day and could come to living room for socialization on a regular schedule.

Suggestions or other ideas? Thank you

·
Administrator
55,347 Posts
Hi! :welcome: to Talk Budgies

It is great that you are planning ahead and thinking everything through carefully before bringing a budgie into your heart and home! :hug:

Whatever room you decide to use, you will need to ensure the room is completely bird safe.
If you were to choose the living room, how often is the front door opened?
How would you ensure the budgie does not escape?
Would the budgie be able to fly from the living room/great room into the kitchen? Do you have a plan for blocking the kitchen off from the great room?
You'll want to ensure the cage is not in an area where it gets drafts of cold air. You will cover the cage at night (top of cage, three sides of cage and 1/3 of the way down the front) and ensure you have a night-light to help prevent night frights.

From the choices you've offered, it sounds as though your bedroom might be the best option as long as you interact with the budgie(s) daily on a regular schedule.

Please take the time to read through the Site Guidelines, all of the How To Guides, the FAQs, the Budgie Articles and the stickies located at the top of each section of the forum.

Truly, the very BEST advice anyone can offer you is to take the time to read ALL of the stickies throughout the various Talk Budgie forums as well as the Budgie Articles we have posted.

These are great resources for Talk Budgie members and have a wealth of reliable information which will assist you to learn the best practices in caring for your budgies for their optimal health and well-being.

Site Guidelines
Posting on the Forums
Please do not use Emojis from Phones - use Forum Smilies Only
Let's Talk Budgies
How-To Guides
FAQs Frequently Asked Questions
Budgie Articles
List of Stickies
Be Prepared for Veterinary Expense
Avian First Aid
Why Quarantine?

A Heartfelt Plea to All Members
Guidance regarding Breeding Advice Threads

Recommended Minimum Cage Sizes
Essentials for a Great Cage
Resource Directory

When you upload pictures as attachments directly from your computer, tablet or phone, the forum automatically defaults to landscape. Additionally, the picture appears as what we term a "thumbnail" attachment.

To upload full-sized pictures with the proper orientation, please use a photo-sharing service such as Imgur and follow the steps in these instructions:
How to Post Full Size Pictures from a Photo Sharing Site
You can practice uploading pictures in the site's "Test Forum:
Test Forum

If you have any questions after reading through everything, please be sure to ask!

Glad you decided to join us and looking forward to seeing you around the forums.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.