Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Budgie In Flight

2K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  prettybluebeak 
#1 ·
I decided to try and capture Bandit in flight, since she's ALWAYS flying to me as soon as I get more than 5 feet away from her.
This is what I ended up capturing instead. :whatever::laughing:

(Apparently my little point and shoot camera doesn't have a "Sports" setting, so everytime i clicked, it would take forever to focus, and by the time it was focused she had already landed.)

She's still crazy cute though, so I figured I'd still post what I got.

See less See more
#2 ·
Oh yes, I'm also unable to take flight shots of my birds. The best I got was really blurry photos and even to get these it took a lot of tries.
I also don't have a good camera. At least you were able to get a couple of good pictures of your beautiful Bandit! ;)

#4 ·
Thanks! She is really sweet, and is quickly turning into a velcro bird.

She's the last in my flock that needs to be convinced that pellets are food, hence the messy face. I feed her ground up pellets sprinkled on top of her moist sprouts.

#8 ·
Very cute!

I love photography, so here's something that I can suggest with total confidence! (Still getting the confidence with budgies hahaha) If your camera has a "high-speed mode" or something that allows you to click the shutter once and take multiple frames, activate that setting in Sport Mode. On my Nikon, I have it set to where I click the button once and it keeps shooting until I let it up. That way, you'll have lots of pictures, and hopefully one will be focused!

Good luck :)

#11 ·
That second picture! :love:

She's so cute :D

And Beth is right about the multiple burst setting - if your camera has one, set it to that. Also, if you've got a DSLR set the camera to shutter speed priority if your light is bright enough. Get the speed up as high as you can and click!

I have yet to get an in flight pic. The light isn't bright enough in my house and my flash gun is broken :( lol

#13 ·
I love the red-eye effect on Bandit! She looks spooky cute! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.