Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!
I’ve been using this platform for quite some time for my budgies Oliver and Sugar.
Sugar has always been an egg layer and has suffered three prolapses. She is currently on Lupron and I have done my best to make sure she stops laying.
Since yesterday I’ve noticed a change in her behavior. She wasn’t as interested in her morning grub and even seeds didn’t seem to spark her attention. I brought her around the other birds and it seemed to liven her up a bit and she started tweeting/doing the mating dance.
Today she did eat some seeds although the old Sugar I know would have been at her bowl the whole morning chewing away. Right now she is perched on a stick, sitting there. Sometimes she calls out to the other birds, other times she is preening, her poop looks normal. I do see her regurgitating sometimes which is pretty standard for her however the loss of appetite is stumping me. I did dangle some millet near her and she ate it but when I moved it to another part of the cage she didn’t follow as she normally does. She looks healthy, acts healthy but she was crazy about eating so I’m not sure if this changed behavior is because her hormones have finally calmed down and she isn’t trying to hoard food in her body or if it’s an illness. I’ve seen her ill before and she gets puffed up, sleeps, etc but she isn’t doing any of that now. Not sure what to make of it.

·
Super Moderator
4,773 Posts
A change in behavior is frequently the first clue that something is wrong, did anything happen yesterday that might have stressed her out? What is she directing the regurgitation to, are you sure she is not vomiting?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes something did happen. I moved her cage at night on Thursday to another room and my brother and mother bumped into it twice because they couldn’t see it. Naturally she got startled by it.
Not sure if she slept that night either
Right now I saw her come down to eat some seeds and she seems enthusiastic to do so.
I know she’s regurgitating because Oliver has vomited enough times for me to know the difference.
Thanks for your help!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.