Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had been tossing around this idea... as to make a chart thingy showing mutations with our own TB budgies....

just like the budgieplace wher it has descriptions and pics... with the difference that the pics used would be our own fids...

so if you have clear/close up pics please post them... I´ll be making a list as to which spots have been filled and which are still missing.. right now ALL spots are open.... sooo... post away your pics here.. and when I have something done I´ll post it...

the clearer the better.... and if you can front and back shots to show wing patterns...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mutation Question

Hi-im wondering if anyone can help me please?could anyone tell me what colours i would get if i bred a cobalt male with either a yellow or an albino female??as i would really love to try to breed some of my budgies and i have never tried to before so any hints would be much appreciated-thanks

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you´d get if bred to an albino... all blues.. males also being split to ino thus making them able to produce girl albinos further ahead...

if bred to a yellow (lutino).. you´d get greens unless mom is split blue and then you´d get 50-50.. also males split ino...

you should´ve posted this under a new thread in the forum budgie mutations as you´d get more answers there than in between another thread about something else.. but I hope I ws of some help and welcome ;)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
awesome!!!..

oh and if you know their mutationt that would be a plus... ;) if not.. don´t worry.. we´ll figure them out :D

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Here's Bumble, I'm pretty sure light green opaline greywing covers it. From the back

and the front

Blue is a violet but getting a pic that shows her true colour is difficult so won't post her for now.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Brilliant idea; here's Kenco, I believe him to be a mauve spangle :)

(If these pics aren't clear enough or the borders are a pain just PM me and I'll send you some different ones/the originals)

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
great idea! :)

i'll start off with the easy one hehe..
sprite.. she's a normal green
back view

from the front

Blossom, he's a double factor dominant pied
front view

back view

Benny now im not to sure if he's a greywing or a sky blue spangle, i think more greywing though
front view well kind of :XD:

back view

and Amazon she's a green opaline

front view

back view

hope this helps towards you mutation chart :)

·
Member of the Month
7,575 Posts
Ok, here is Finnigan, my Normal Sky Blue male:

Yes, he is a little wet, but this is the best picture I could find of his sky blue and wing markings:)

Edit: This one might be better, shows the real colour rather than the wet colour:p

·
The Queen of Hats
1,008 Posts
This is gorgeous Calypso, she is a Yellow Face Type II Mauve Clearflight Dominant Pied

and this is the back of her..

I have some new clear photos of her back, I'll find them and put them up :)

*first two pics courtesy of Kelsey*

·
The Queen of Hats
1,008 Posts
Yeah I know I'm trying to fix it !!! I tried to upload from Facebook but no love :( I was about to PM you and harrass you coz I know you know how to do it :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.