Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Welcome to BOTM April 2011.

Is it Spring where you are? It sure does not feel like Spring where I am. Here's hoping that April will bring warmer temperatures for all of us.

I would like to welcome all the new members I have seen on the site lately and hope you will join our monthy photo competition.

Let's start by reviewing the rules and regulations:

Rules and Regulations:
Each month a photo challenge will be presented. All you have to do is simply snap a photo of your budgie(s) matching the challenge theme of the month.
Please submit a recent photo. (taken within the last 6 months)

Exception:

I have received requests from members asking if they can enter photos of their budgies who have passed away. I have decided to make an exception to the recent photo rule in these cases. I will allow older photos of departed budgies.

The photo must be of a budgie(s); other birds are allowed to be in the photo but make sure the focus of your shot is on the budgie(s)
This is a no-frills photo competition.
No Photoshopping.
Photos need not be staged. Props are not neccessary. A spontaneuos photo is best. If your budgie(s) happens to land on something such as a stuffed toy or another object and you think the photo would suit the competition it will be allowed.

No enhancements such as glitter writing, sparkles etc.
The only enhancement you are allowed to do is photo cropping.

Only one entry is allowed per member.
Staff members are allowed to participate.

Please note that once you send in your entry it is final. You will not be allowed to subsitute it for another photo.

Deadline
The contest opens today and I will accept entries until April 22nd at 10:00h Eastern Standard Time.
On April 24th I will post a poll(s) for voting by the members of Talk Budgies and the winner will be announced on April 30th.

All entries must be PM'd to me for posting. Do not post your own photo.Please include your budgie(s) names when you send me the entry, also let me know what you think the next month's challenge should be.

Prizes
The winner will receive 50 karma points!
A desktop calendar wallpaper, featuring the winner will also be awarded. This wallpaper will be made available in different sizes for downloading by everyone.
The winner also has the honor of picking the next month's challenge as well as automatically being entered into the Budgie of the Year competition which will take place in December.

Here is the winning photo from last month. The challenge was itchy budgies

Amberlea has chosen this month's challenge.
Her challenge to you is..............................................................................................................................................................................................................

ACROBUDGIES!

Show us your budgies doing their wildest moves!
Good luck everyone :)

·
Member of the Month September 2011
7,747 Posts
Wow a few entriesm already :eek: I was at france for a little while so I could not see them but now I have they look great!

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know that there are lots of contests going on right now-be sure you check them all out-but don't forget BOTM is still here! I want to see some more AcroBudgies!

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Check out Bird Bird's sweet little budgie bum :)

Thank you Camus! That is a terrific shot of a true acrobudgie :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
can you send in 2 of the same photo? i think one might have better quality than the other

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
can you send in 2 of the same photo? i think one might have better quality than the other
Hi Toony, I got your message and posted your photo. It is better to only send one photo for your entry. Your Sunny is very acrobatic! It is a great shot :D

I do believe we have our very own Talk Budgie Circus!

Click here to see the entries: http://talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?t=69749

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Dear Louara,

Thanks for posting the cropped version of Baaji's pic. looking forward to the polling. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.