Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome to August for another round of Budgie of the Month.
August proved to be our busiest month last year & I have no doubt that this month's challenge will prove to be just as popular.
If you are a new member to Talk Budgies I invite you to join our monthly contest. It is a great way to meet other members and make friends here.

Let me start by reviewing the rules and regulations.

Rules and Regulations:

Each month a photo challenge will be presented. All you have to do is simply snap a photo of your budgie(s) matching the challenge theme of the month.

Exception:
I have received requests from members asking if they can enter photos of their budgies who have passed away. I have decided to make an exception to the recent photo rule in these cases. I will allow older photos of departed budgies.

The photo must be of a budgie(s); other birds are allowed to be in the photo but make sure the focus of your shot is on the budgie(s)
This is a no-frills photo competition.
No Photoshopping.
Photos need not be staged. Props are not necessary. A spontaneous photo is best. If your budgie(s) happens to land on something such as a stuffed toy or another object and you think the photo would suit the competition it will be allowed.

No enhancements such as glitter writing, sparkles etc.
The only enhancement you are allowed to do is photo cropping. Water marks are allowed
Only one entry is allowed per member.
Staff members are welcomed to participate.

Please note that once you send in your entry it is final. You will not be able to substitute it for another photo.

Deadline
This challenge will be closed to entries on August 21st.

On August 22nd I will post a poll(s) for voting by the members of Talk Budgies and the winner will be announced on August 30th.

All entries must be PM'd to me for posting. Do not post your own photo. Please include your budgie(s) names when you send me the entry, also let me know what you think the next month's challenge should be.

It's that easy.
Snap a photo.
PM it to me. Make sure to include your budgie's name and your challenge choice for next month.

Lindsey and Coconut have chosen the next challenge for you. Are you ready?
It's a good one.

The challenge for the August BOTM is………………………………..

Fluffy Baby Budgies!!

For this month only I have modified the recent photo rule.

You can enter an older photo of your budgie this month. I want to see your baby pictures!

So start sending me that Baby Love ! I expect lot of oohhhing and awhhing this month.

Good luck

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts
Hmm might hold back on sending an entry into this one fora while as I am hoping my eggs will hatch in the next day or so, hmm lol.

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I forgot to mention that I will accept a photo of a budgie as long as the budgie is less that 12 months of age. I realize not many of us have "just hatched" photos.
Any budgie under a year old will qualify as a baby in my opinion.

·
Registered
6,243 Posts
Im looking forward to the entries... I am trying to decide which photo to enter :eek:

I agree, any young budgie from under a year old is a baby budgie ;) Let me see those baby bars! :giggle: :love:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Oh, phew. Glad I saw that last post. My Budgies are NOT babies. I got them from PetSmart.

Woot woot! This is my birth month! It would be awesome to win!

I bet someone who actually has a baby Budgie will win. Mine are not babies. ;)

Ok, well, i'm off to see what I can get!

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
Wow this is hard one...I already know the winner. Lindsey! :p
Grr. :D Well the pictures will be cute... :)

I was thinking the same thing :laughing: I'm excited to see all the baby cuteness!! :baby:
You guys are so bad! :laughing:

There are a million cute baby photos that will be entered, I dont think I am even going to enter this time just because I picked it ;) I just love seeing cute baby budgies and we have never had a challenge thats all babies :D

·
Loyalty Award Recipient January 2015//Deactivated
3,928 Posts
I can't wait to see the baby photo entries. Lindsey, great idea for the contest. My babies were over a year old when I adopted them, but I still think they are cute. All budgies are cute!

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Princess&Clauzie / Carla..

I think this is where we enter is it? for BOTM. Budgies name Princess and Clauzie. Me under Carla for competion hope i enterd n rite place???:budgie:

Attachments

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think this is where we enter is it? for BOTM. Budgies name Princess and Clauzie. Me under Carla for competion hope i enterd n rite place???:budgie:
It's ok Carla, I've posted your entry in the right place.

Should I post a cuteness overload warning ? We have 3 of the cutest little angels you've ever seen already entered!
Thank you Vicky! Lime is so adorable-I can't stand it! :baby:
Thank you Carla! Princess and Clauzie are too cute for words :)

Now show me some more of that baby love please. Everybody say
aaawwwwwhhhhhh :D

Click here to see the babies! http://talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?t=75251

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Can I enter Chewy's spicky bb pic but now he almost 5yr old!

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.