Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Administrator
56,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Everybirdie!!

This is SPARKY.

I'm gonna host the Contest for the Month of February 'cause I'm BIGGER than both Sunny and Shelby.
(Well, Momma's gonna give each of us :rolleyes: a turn but I :jumping: get to go first, anyway.)

The Budgie of the Month (BOTM) Contest is very easy to participate in and we sure hope you'll take the to enter YOUR budgie. :budgie:

We post a NEW challenge each month.

The Challenge for February, as chosen by WIKI, is: BUDGEZILLA!!

Wiki has described the challenge as follows: Budgie Godzillas; where budgies look oversized in their surroundings (a good example would be a budgie playing with a toy car).

To enter, be SURE you choose a picture of your budgie that complies with the month's challenge.

No Photoshopping is Allowed.

Only ONE photo per member is allowed.
Please Post your photo in this thread and be sure to include your budgie's name and your proposal for the next month's challenge.

Here is a detailed list of all the BOTM Rules & Regulations

Deadline:
The contest opens today and will close for entries on February 23rd.

On February 23rd, all Talk Budgie Members will be asked send in their vote for this month. ;)

The winner of the contest will receive 50 karma points and be entered automatically into the Budgie of the Year Contest.

Please post your entry in this thread.

And without further ado... now let the BOTM Entries for February BEGIN!!

·
Administrator
56,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, Audrey!

That's a super "BUDGEZILLA" photo!

I'd be scared of you if I was that little fellow standing on top of your cage. :eek:

I'll start the separate thread which contains only the budgie entry pictures now so people can look at those without all the additional comments. ;)

Thanks for entering and good luck!

xoxo
Sparky

·
Member of the Month January 2013
4,870 Posts
Oh great! Now Lilacs gone :eek:. She said something about making a pic for Feb budgie of the month and flew off. I dont know where she's flying off to but I hope she comes back with an awesome pic soon :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Here is my entry for budgie of the month.

Budgies name is Eve but she would make a good Quasimodo!

If I should win I would like next weeks contest to be on the theme of historical budgies.

Philip

·
Administrator
56,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, Quasi (ummmm, I mean Eve) you look HUGE on top of Notre Dame.

A super BUDGEZILLA if I've ever seen one!

Well Done -- good luck in the contest!

xoxo
Sparky

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'd like to enter Rocket!! This is him and his little green porsche. In this picture it looks like He is telling the porsche off as its parked in his spot!!!

Next Months competion should be Easter Budgie!!!

Attachments

·
Member of the Month January 2013
4,870 Posts
Has anyone seen Lilac? Last I saw she was flying so high she went out of sight.

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
This is a great challenge. These pictures are making me laugh. :laughing:
Great pictures. More please. :D

·
Administrator
56,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow, Rocket! You look like you could stomp on that car and squash it FLAT (splat!)

Good luck in the Competition!

:wave: Sparky

Sparky (In his sweetest little budgie voice):
Lilac, oh Lilac -- where are you??!! Rick is getting worried.
Please come back so he can take your picture and enter it in the contest. We miss you. :(

·
Member of the Month June 2014
10,320 Posts
I have something up my sleeve but at the moment Indi is scared of his new thing i got him. I hope i get a cool photo like all the other people that have entered in this is a fun challange Im having so much fun with this Indi is so funny at the moment. Watch out for Indi's Photo soon. I love the photo's that are entered already there great.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I have used the background of my computer but photographed jimmy in front of it to make him look bigger is that acceptable? also am I allowed to make a threrad asking members which one I should enter because I cant decide! lol

·
Wing Commander
1,779 Posts
Love that picture of Rocket looking disdainfully at the puny humans inside their puny car. As if they wouldn't be spotted trying to drive past Rocketzilla! As for Quasieveimodo, it would be a brave air force to send in some planes, one snap of that beak and it's curtains!

Keep 'em coming folks - loving the pics.

·
Budgie Nut
3,087 Posts
Gawd...........i haven't got a clue with this one! Will
have to put my thinking cap on! :giggle:
Some great entries so far!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Love that picture of Rocket looking disdainfully at the puny humans inside their puny car. As if they wouldn't be spotted trying to drive past Rocketzilla!
Aha bless him! Thats such a cute comment!! Rockezilla!! Toooo cute!

·
Administrator
56,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have used the background of my computer but photographed jimmy in front of it to make him look bigger is that acceptable? also am I allowed to make a threrad asking members which one I should enter because I cant decide! lol
Bec-eee --
It sounds like you've come up with an innovative way of approaching the challenge.

Hmmm, I haven't had anyone ask about making a thread asking which picture they should enter.
I don't think that's a good idea -- it just doesn't feel right to me.

Could you send the picture via PM to a few of your friends on the forum and ask their opinion that way instead?

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.