Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Introducing the 2010 Budgie of the Month Contest!

Welcome to our new contest.
After reading your comments and talking to many of you, we have decided to re-vamp and revive the Budgie of the Month contest.:)

Rules and Regulations
Each month a theme will be presented. All you have to do is simply snap a photo of your budgie(s) matching the theme of the month.
Please submit a recent photo.
The photo must be of a budgie(s); other birds are allowed to be in the photo but make sure the focus of your shot is on the budgie(s)
This is a no-frills photo competition.
No Photoshopping.
No props.
No enhancements such as glitter writing, sparkles etc.
The only enhancement you are allowed to do is photo cropping.

Only one entry is allowed per member.
Staff members are allowed to participate.:D

Please note that once you send in your entry it is final. You will not be allowed to subsitute it for another photo.

The contest opens today and I will accept entries until June 22nd. (noon EST)
On June 22nd (afternoon) I will post a poll for voting by the members of Talk Budgies and the winner will be announced on June 30th.
All entries must be PM'd to me for posting. Please include your budgie(s) names when you send me the entry, also let me know what you think the next month's challenge should be.

Prizes
The winner will receive 50 karma points!

A photo icon of the winning entry will be featured on the next BOTM intro thread for July.
The winner will also have the honor of picking the next month's challenge.

Since the subject of this contest was brought to my attention by a thread started by Zohie, I have decided to give her the honor of picking the theme for this month.
The theme for the month of June is……………….

Sleeping Budgies!

Lately, we have noticed many posts concerning this subject. It seems that everyone's budgie has their own unique way of settling down for a nap or a good night's sleep. It can be a photo of your budgie sleeping ( as my Gracie-Mae has so accuratly demonstrated below) or a photo of how your budgie perches before falling asleep. :sleeping: I seem to remember seeing many upside down budgies lately

So let's see those photos and I wish you all the best of luck!

G

·
This is an easy theme and contest. I will take part, I mean my budgies will take part. Have to catch the best candid post. Hope my budgies will not fail me with lousy poses. A spy in waiting.

·
Member of the Month
5,530 Posts
I'll try and take part but my mom still hasn't got me batteries for my camera. Then I have possibily the 4 most exciteable active budgies in Birmingham. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Muki will be competing to :)

·
Registered
10,220 Posts
I'll give it a go, see what I can get.

·
Heavy Metal Pirate
5,493 Posts
I'll try, but I don't know. I'm not with my budgies too much over the summer :(

G

·
My budgies are not tame. Taking a photo napping in the cage does not sound like a winner to me. What can I do to increase my chance of winning ?

P/S : I agreed Muki is a probable winner.

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
My budgies are not tame. Taking a photo napping in the cage does not sound like a winner to me. What can I do to increase my chance of winning ?

P/S : I agreed Muki is a probable winner.
Mine too! The only way I've gotten a shot is through the bars! :(

G

·
Crowfriend, I think you better read the rules probably at the top of this thread. I saw your multiple entries on the other thread meant to showcase entries.

1 - 20 of 138 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.