Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Welcome to a brand new month and a brand new challenge.
Our budgie's have been getting a workout lately haven't they? We had flying and then walking, I wonder what this month will bring? ;)

If you are new to Talk Budgies, I invite you to join us and have some fun.:D

Let's start out by reviewing the rules and regulations.

Rules and Regulations:

Each month a photo challenge will be presented. All you have to do is simply snap a photo of your budgie(s) matching the challenge theme of the month.
Please submit a recent photo. (taken within the last 6 months)

Exception:
I have received requests from members asking if they can enter photos of their budgies who have passed away. I have decided to make an exception to the recent photo rule in these cases. I will allow older photos of departed budgies.

The photo must be of a budgie(s); other birds are allowed to be in the photo but make sure the focus of your shot is on the budgie(s)
This is a no-frills photo competition.
No Photoshopping.
Photos need not be staged. Props are not necessary. A spontaneous photo is best. If your budgie(s) happens to land on something such as a stuffed toy or another object and you think the photo would suit the competition it will be allowed.

No enhancements such as glitter writing, sparkles etc.
The only enhancement you are allowed to do is photo cropping. Water marks are allowed
Only one entry is allowed per member.
Staff members are welcomed to participate.

Please note that once you send in your entry it is final. You will not be able to substitute it for another photo.

Deadline

On July 22rd I will post a poll(s) for voting by the members of Talk Budgies and the winner will be announced on July 30th.
All entries must be PM'd to me for posting. Do not post your own photo. Please include your budgie(s) names when you send me the entry, also let me know what you think the next month's challenge should be.

The winner will receive 50 karma points !
A Desktop calendar wallpaper, featuring the winner will also be awarded. This wallpaper will be made available in different sizes for downloading by everyone.
The winner also has the honor of picking the next month's challenge as well as automatically being entered into the Budgie of the Year competition which will take place in December..

Marii has a really fun challenge for this month…..are you ready………………….

Budgie's Favorite Things!​

We all know Oprah Winfrey has her favorite things, now we want to see the budgie version of the Oprah Show!
It can be a favorite toy, food, person or another bird. It could also be bathing or play time or a place where they love to hang out.
Sounds like fun? I hope you all can participate. Start sending me those photos.
Please, Please, Please, include your budgie's name along with the photo.

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think we have a hit on our hands! 3 entries in less than a day- this makes me very happy :D

Thank you Casey, that is a wonderful photo of Toby doing his favorite thing-eating some chow with his favorite buddies! Who doesn't love doing that!?
Thank you Amelia! Munchkin is hanging out in his playgym with Tweedle-dee & Tweedle-dum and that sure looks like fun!:D

Click here to see the entries : http://talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?t=73770

·
Lil' Birdy Girl
3,790 Posts
This sounds like so much fun! Hmm... OK I have some ideas. I will need to start a photo session t'morrow! It's too dark right now!

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow! 3 more entries. This is bound to be one of the most popular challenge's in BOTM history.

Thank you Ryan Campbell! Holly's favorite thing is chewing up that branch!:)

Thank you Kozka! The whole flock hanging out having some millet, does it get any better than that for a budgie? :D

Thank you i♥mybudgies! Now Spinkles favorite thing also happens to be one of my own-taking a good nap :)

You guys are keeping me busy-keep those entries coming!

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh my goodness I cannot keep with up with all these budgies. I am posting one and another flies in-literally ! :D

Thank you Jill ! You have a couple of cuties there ;)

Thank you Misty! Now those are two best buddies aren't they?! :)

Thank you Jane! Archie favorite reflection is his own :giggle:

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
Lots if great pics already. It's fun seeing all their favorite things. :)

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here comes Christmas-that's right Christmas in July :XD:

Thank you Cliff! Now I think Christmas has Gracie-Mae's vote. Sitting on top of a corn cob is on of her favorite things too ;)

Keep them coming-let's set a new record!

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The largest amount of entries we have ever had to date has been 32. This month we are already halfway to that number on the 3rd day of the month! We are bound to crush that number!

Thank you Brittney! Talvi's favorite thing is taking a piggyback ride on his mama's back :)

Thank you Lindsey! Coconut's favorite thing is having some good head scrtiches and scratches :)

Thank you Atvchick! Ariel favorite thing is imitating a bat! :)

Keep those entries coming!

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
This is like the ultimate showdown. The budgie that is going to win this should be ultimately proud :p

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey not one entry today!?! How come? I want to set a new record, I know we can do it!

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Hey not one entry today!?! How come? I want to set a new record, I know we can do it!
Could of been because today in the U.S. Is the 4th of July So a lot of people are out having cook outs watching fire works, weekend camping trips and such and aren't home :)

I'm sure you'll be flooded in the morning after every one comes home from the Holiday weekend/Day :D

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.