Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings Budgie of the Month fans! Welcome to March. Has it come in like a lion or a lamb for you? It's yet another snowstorm for us here!
I will be happy to see the first signs of Spring :)

Let's start by reviewing the rules and regulations-please read them-please.

Budgie of the Month Rules & Regulations

Here's the short version of the rules;
Take a recent (within the past 6 months) photo of your budgie accomplishing this month's challenge. No fancy schmancy photo editing, just take the picture and send it to me by clicking here: My BOTM Entry

How do you send your photo? Click here: My BOTM Entry

Include your budgie's name and what you would choose as the next month's challenge.

Include your budgie's name and what you would choose as the next month's challenge.

uh louara? are you okay?

The complete list of rules is found here: Budgie of the Month Rules & Regulations

That's it-easy eh? Remember you can only submit one entry per month.

So PM your entry using this link: My BOTM Entry and include your budgie's name and your challenge choice for April in case you win.

louara-why are you talking like a parrot?

I am repeating myself Gracie-Mae,because more and more I am receiving entries without names or challenge choices. I want to post the entries right away and having the budgie's name with the photo helps. Otherwise they will all be posted as ? and that will make the voting process difficult. Include your budgie's name with your photo, please -please -please!

phew-okay, i thought i had to take you to the emergency room :duhh:

Deadline:
The contest opens now and will close for entries on March 24th. On that day I will ask people to start sending me their votes for the month. Do not vote before March 24th please.

Prizes:
The winner will receive 50 karma points, an exclusive wallpaper featuring the winning photo will be made available for downloading and the winner will be automatically entered in the Budgie of the Year contest, which takes place in December.

Please post any questions or comments on this thread.

Ready for this month's challenge that Connie has chosen for you?
The challenge for March is...............................................

Molting-(aka moulting) Budgies!

to quote Connie ; "most charactered molting budgies.
I hope we still see some cuteness out of the balding or spiky budgies, or the cute pouting face."

So I guess I will see a first sign of Spring soon, molting budgies!

Now I know we have lots of molters on the forum right now. So get your camera out and start snapping photos!

Good luck to everyone.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I would have loved to participate this month too...hopefully Vanilla or Sky will start moulting before the 24th :dunno:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Can't wait! I just came back from the vet, cause Binky and Angel looked a bit sick, but the vet said they are molting! I am just waiting for my camera to charge!

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We have two entries to kick it off this month. Oddball & Ollie- both look very itchy!
Thank you VickyLouise and Wendy for including your budgie's name and challenge choice with your entries :) Good luck! :D

Click here to see the entries : Budgie of the Month Entries

·
Registered
368 Posts
Both of mine are molting down here in Texas. Poor Chestina has a bald patch on her head where she lost a bunch of feathers in one place and the pins are growing in.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Cool - Sprout is sporting the punk rocker look right now. Just need to see if I can take his photo without spooking him.:eek:

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Connie, everyone is loving your challenge choice this month :) Everyone except the budgies of course. Poor dears, it must be so uncomfortable.

Thank you Amberlea! What a great picture of baby Coco!

·
Registered
694 Posts
Dang, all my babies just finished their first molt. I'll have to check out some recent photos of them and see if I caught anything good!

Plus, my inside budgie has just finished filling in his big bald forehead.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
How often do they moult again? Winter and Emmett finished about 2 months ago....and Sky and Vanilla are around 2-3 months of age...any chance they might begin by the 24th? :eek:

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Maybe. You can submit an older photo if you have one. How is your new budgie Vanilla doing? I saw her pics-she is a doll :)

·
Member of the Month June 2014
10,320 Posts
Hi. Staff Member is the theme for March molting Indi is only 12 weeks old and hasn't molted yet if he doesn't molt can i still enter him. Please email me back

Lyn

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Hey Connie, everyone is loving your challenge choice this month :) Everyone except the budgies of course. Poor dears, it must be so uncomfortable.
[SIZE]

HI Louara,

so sorry for the late reply. still got to go back office this morning!

I am really happy that the challenge is so popular!!! wow... we are going to see a lot a lot of interesting budgies pics!!

you know, usually BOTM deadline is around 20-21st of the month but this month is 24th and so amazing~~~ is my birthday!! 30th b'day!!! cant believe it!! was it on purpose?? :D

ya.. i have a sample pic which was taken last Jul, as you have mentioned, i think Baaji wasnt too happy to be taken photo... haha

but no matter what, he is the cutest one in my heart and for the past month molting, he had regained confidence!

hope we can see some confident buds out there. "maybe i m ugly, but i am very gentle" :giggle:

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
How often do they moult again? Winter and Emmett finished about 2 months ago....and Sky and Vanilla are around 2-3 months of age...any chance they might begin by the 24th? :eek:
Oh Rashdan..... your post made me smile.
THanks for your enthusiasm for this month's challenge. :)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Maybe. You can submit an older photo if you have one. How is your new budgie Vanilla doing? I saw her pics-she is a doll :)
Now I regret not having taken pictures of their first moult ever. lol

Vanilla is doing well...in fact she's getting comfortable around me pretty fast when she's outside the cage, and bites me a lot less. But getting her out is like chasing after a mouse :D

Oh Rashdan..... your post made me smile.
Thanks for your enthusiasm for this month's challenge. :)
Just hoping Vanilla or Sky will start moulting soon. :p

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
HI Louara,

so sorry for the late reply. still got to go back office this morning!

I am really happy that the challenge is so popular!!! wow... we are going to see a lot a lot of interesting budgies pics!!

you know, usually BOTM deadline is around 20-21st of the month but this month is 24th and so amazing~~~ is my birthday!! 30th b'day!!! cant believe it!! was it on purpose?? :D

ya.. i have a sample pic which was taken last Jul, as you have mentioned, i think Baaji wasnt too happy to be taken photo... haha

but no matter what, he is the cutest one in my heart and for the past month molting, he had regained confidence!

hope we can see some confident buds out there. "maybe i m ugly, but i am very gentle" :giggle:
Of course I did it on purpose Connie- we all want to celebrate your 30th birthday :D I love that photo of Baaji- ooo so cute! March is a longer month, so more time for more budgies-yay!

Hi. Staff Member is the theme for March molting Indi is only 12 weeks old and hasn't molted yet if he doesn't molt can i still enter him. Please email me back

Lyn
Hi Lyn,
Please call me louara :) The challenge this month is molting budgies and it is best to enter a photo matching the challenge. But if you want to send me another photo, that's ok. I will post it.:)

Thank you Tegan! Kirby looks itchy but happy none the less :D

·
Registered
326 Posts
Oh goodness I don't know if they will molt in time for me to get a pic sent in!

But I have to admit all the entries are adorable! I especially laughed out loud at Binky's. I seen his last month too and he is sooo funny!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.