Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello and welcome to the Budgie of the Month Contest

Are you ready for a brand new challenge?
First let's start by reviewing the rules and regulations.

Rules and Regulations:

If you are new to Talk Budgies, please read all the rules carefully. The complete list of rules and regulations can be found here: BOTM Rules & Regulations
Here's the short version of the rules;
Take a recent (within the past 6 months) photo of your budgie accomplishing this month's challenge. No fancy schmancy photo editing, just take the picture and send it to me by clicking here:My BOTM Entry

Include your budgie's name and what you would choose as the next month's challenge​

Deadline:
The contest opens today and will close for entries on May 21st . On that day I will ask people to start sending me their votes for the month. Do not vote before May 21st please.

Prizes:
The winner will receive 50 karma points, an exclusive wallpaper featuring the winning photo will be made available for downloading and the winner will be automatically entered in the Budgie of the Year contest, which takes place in December.

Please post any questions or comments on this thread.

Ready for this month's challenge that Brooke has chosen for you?

Because Mother's Day (in North America) is just around the corner, Brooke has chosen this appropriate challenge..........

Mother Hens!​

"Either Hens and their eggs, or with their hatchlings, or even Hens with their fledgelings I mean, May IS the month we celebrate Moms!"-Brooke

So snap a photo of your budgie displaying mothering behavior and send it to me asap!

Good luck to all :D

ps-keep your eye on the Contest Forum-a major Contest announcement is coming up soon ;)

·
Registered
102 Posts
What a good theme/ Challenge idea. :)

Unfortunately my Fids can't enter :( My partner says "no more budgies (we have 5) and don't even think about breeding them so you get more that way". Guess 5 is enough for now lol.

Good luck to all who enter :)

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Can the photo b pic of the father showing motherley instincts as my hen died and he brougt up the babies got a cute pic.

·
Going Bird-Crazy
2,444 Posts
I might be able to... Just put Mango into a nest box for a couple of min, snap a pic, and remove the nest box! This is going to be a cute contest with all the hens and baby budgies!

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can the photo b pic of the father showing motherley instincts as my hen died and he brougt up the babies got a cute pic.
Sure, I will accept pics of single fathers :)

I realize this month will be challenging. There is no rush to get your photos in, take your time and use your imagination if need be. Budgie's can be a "mother" to many things can't they ? ;)

·
Registered
134 Posts
So basically it does not have to be towards their babies? It can be a picture of Angel or Binky showing love and motherly/fatherly acts to whatever?

Angel laid three eggs around June but she didn't take care of them :(

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Since this is difficult for many members I will bend the rules and allow photos showing mothering behavior. This is tough for me too :p.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Sorry everyone dislikes it! I knew it would be tough, but since the pics can be from the last 6 months, I figured hat would help! When I look through the breeding forums, see so many pictures posted, I thought it would be more accepted. I really am sorry it's such a tough one y'all! I struggled with coming up with an idea. I don't see why mothering instincts can't be part of it, for sure!

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry everyone dislikes it! I knew it would be tough, but since the pics can be from the last 6 months, I figured hat would help! When I look through the breeding forums, see so many pictures posted, I thought it would be more accepted. I really am sorry it's such a tough one y'all! I struggled with coming up with an idea. I don't see why mothering instincts can't be part of it, for sure!
We do not dislike it do we? I think it is a great challenge-a real challenge. You're right, I have seen many a photo on site of mother hens. Now, I know they are out there. Just send them over to me for a chance to win some fabulous prizes! Did you see Sunshine's wallpaper? Wouldn't you want one of your budgie? C'mon-all you breeders! Send me a photo! :D

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
would have loved to take part this mounth but Lilly is not a mother hen and mothering Sunday is in March in England. Oh well may be next time.:)

·
Registered
134 Posts
I almost got a very cute picture for Angel and Binky. Angel was just keeping Binky warm by using her wings. I had a new camera, but when i went to go get it, came back, Angel was eating, and Binky was drinking water.

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Aww- That sounds so cute :) Good luck getting the photo!

We have some very nice entries so far. Keep them coming!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
OMG yes!! when i seen the topic i was like its my month! haha im sure there will be many cute mummy entrants to this one.... now to decide which photo....

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It's tough to choose just one photo isn't it?

Can everyone see the first entry Jossy? I had to reload it and I want to be sure everyone can see her.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.