Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone and welcome back to the Budgie of the Month contest.

I will start this month by introducing a brand new rule . After consulting with the TB staff and the TB Supporting Members, we have decided to modify the rules, making it simpler than ever before to enter.

You will no longer be required to PM me your entry. Just post it here. Your photo must meet the challenge that is posted for the month. For example, if the challenge is "Budgie's Eating" do not post a photo of your budgie taking a bath. All qualifying photos will be moved to a closed thread for viewing and voting.
If your photo does not meet the challenge requirement, it will not be entered. If you post more than one photo, neither of the photos will be entered. One photo per member and the photo must meet the challenge requirement. I hate to sound like a broken record but I want to keep this contest simple and fun.

So remember the word "ONE"-one member-one photo- one vote-that's it-that's all.

On your post put your budgie's name and what you want the next challenge to be.

Here is a detailed thread of all the rules and regulations : BOTM Rules & Regulations

louara, excuse me but if i send you a pm of all my photos-what happens?

You will be disqualified from entering this month.

ok-so if i don't pm you anything and if i post my entire photobucket album of all my pictures in which i look soooo beautiful:D-what happens?

You will not be entered. You will be disqualified.

if i have the most two perfect photos of myself and i can't decide which one to post -what should i do?

Pick one and post one.

can i ask you or another staff member which one to post?

No, pick one photo and post one photo.

if the challenge is budgies flying and i post the most perfect photo of me sitting down- i mean it is the most perfect picture of me ever! -what happens?

You will not be entered into the BOTM contest but you are welcome to post your photo in the Budgie Picture Forum.

okay-okay- gee you are getting so persnickity.....:rolleyes:......why can't i post all my perfect photos!!

Because it's not fair to the other members who follow the rules and only post one photo. You have 3 weeks to choose which photo you want to enter. There is no need to rush. Take some time and pick the best photo you have that meets the challenge for the month.

if i wanna switch my photo for another photo so i post 2 photos- what happens?

Neither photo will be entered and you will be disqualified.

disqualified! moi?! :eek:well......i never......- hmmph!!

soooooo how do i know if i am entered for this month?

You will see your entry in the BOTM Entries thread. This will be a closed "sticky" thread , that is for viewing only. I promise that all qualifying entries will be entered within 24 hours of it being posted.

I would like to thank the staff and our Supporting Members for all their suggestions regarding this contest. The voting procedure has changed as well and I will explain how that will work as we get closer to the end of the month.

If you have any questions or concerns please post them here. If I am not online to answer your question, another staff member will.

All right then- are you ready for Sir Oliver Spencer's challenge ? The contest opens now and will close for entries on October 23rd.

The challenge for this month is...............................................

Budgies with their favorite toy (s)​

Show us your budgie playing with his or her favorite toy or toys .
Post your photo here.
Just ONE photo per ONE member.
Put your budgie's name on your post.
Tell us what you would like to see as the next challenge.

Now, go have some fun with your budgie(s)! :D

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank Lyn :) That is a super cute photo of Indi.
You have been successfully entered into this month's contest.
You can see the entries here : BOTM Entries

G

·
Jestiny loving the Transformer Ride

Jestiny awe struck with the Transformer Ride

Next Challenge : Budgie in a Car

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pickles is sure having a good time with that ball Susan, does she know it's intended for feline usage only? haha- what a sweetie. Thanks for entering :)

Roland! I wouldn't believe it unless I saw it. Jestiny is not scared of that toy? Does it make all kinds of sounds and move around? Jestiny is so relaxed sitting on it - too funny :D

This sure is a fun challenge - click her to see all the BOTM Entries

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
What a great comeback for BOTM. And it really is a fun challenge. Budgies playing are the best ever. :) I hope I can get one in.

G

·
Roland! I wouldn't believe it unless I saw it. Jestiny is not scared of that toy? Does it make all kinds of sounds and move around? Jestiny is so relaxed sitting on it - too funny :D
Hi Louara

Yes, Bumble-Bee is a living toy. Its eyes give out a red glow as the head rotates. Its legs are on 2 wheels. Yes, it moves and gives out robot sound.

The battery button was in OFF position when the pix were taken. So Jestiny was bold enough to sit on The Transformer Ride.

·
Member of the Month June 2014
10,320 Posts
Lyn has a next challenage. Budgies posing for the camera

Next challenge. Budgies posing for the camera. Lyn and indi

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Lyn, that's a good challenge choice :) So many of our budgies like to pose for the camera don't they :D

Hey Roland, I think Jestiny is all set for Halloween with that Transformer toy- scary stuff - yikes ! :eek::D

·
Member of the Month June 2014
10,320 Posts
Thanks Louara as you can see Indi is posing on my siggy that Jackie made me. Indi was still for a half of a second when I took that photo quickly Luckly to get the photo of him on my siggy. Not use to all these new changes yet. Lyn and Indi

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hi Louara and Gracie Mae

The new rules and regulations are very good. It's so exciting to have the BotM competition back again. Oliver and I think that all of these pics are super adorable!

Good luck everybody :D

N and O

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
Wow we have some great entries so far! Keep them coming everyone! :)

I love how simple and easy this is Louara for everyonw, great job with the new set up and getting it put together!! :thumbsup:

·
Member of the Month September 2012
3,723 Posts
Just a thought...

I fully realize I'm not qualified to make this suggestion; But...I still wanted to recommend a challenge: "Scarey Budgies" :evil: (I don't remember ever seeing this challenge before)

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Louara and Gracie Mae

The new rules and regulations are very good. It's so exciting to have the BotM competition back again. Oliver and I think that all of these pics are super adorable!

Good luck everybody :D

N and O
Thanks Natasha! I am glad it's back too :)

Wow we have some great entries so far! Keep them coming everyone! :)

I love how simple and easy this is Louara for everyonw, great job with the new set up and getting it put together!! :thumbsup:
Keeping it simple is my motto Lindsey :) Glad you like the new format .

My Remy playing with his ball!

Next months challenge: Bath time budgies!
Who knew so many budgies liked playing with balls! Remy is so adorable :) A ball is one toy Gracie-Mae does not have-guess I will have to go shopping :D

I fully realize I'm not qualified to make this suggestion; But...I still wanted to recommend a challenge: "Scarey Budgies" :evil: (I don't remember ever seeing this challenge before)
Any and all suggestions are welcome :) Scary budgies eh? Now that would be interesting.... I thought by now some one would have suggested "angry birds" but no one has.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.