Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Welcome to the 2nd annual Budgie of the Year competition :)

After 11 months, featuring 284 contestants (yep-I added them all up) it has come down to our top 11 challengers. Each of these budgies has won the title of Budgie of the Month and will now compete against each other for the honor of becoming Talk Budgies Budgie of the Year!

The winner will receive:
A one year Supporter Membership subscription to Talk Budgies.

100 karma points.

A free 2012 calendar and you will have your own special date designated for you on the 2013 calendar :D

VickyLouise will be announcing the new calendar that is already in the works for 2013. Look for her thread which will give you all the details about the calendar for 2013 :)

For the members who have a Supporter Membership already, your membership will be extended for 12 months :)

How to vote:
To make this month more exciting I have decided not to post a voting poll this month. :D
You can vote by sending your choice to me using the PM system.
Simply click here: http://talkbudgies.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=5381 and tell me who your choice is for Budgie of the Year. In the title field type "my vote" in the message field, tell me who you are voting for. Remember you can only vote once. I will post the results of the voting on New Year's Eve, Dec 31st.
You can vote now. Have a look at each entry and the Budgie of the Year Video. Cast your vote carefully, once you chose who to vote for you will not be able to change it.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the members who support the Budgie of the Month contest. We will be back on Jan.1st 2012 to kick off a brand new season featuring brand new challenges. I look forward to seeing you and your budgies next season!

Have a happy and safe holiday season. Gracie-Mae and I wish you all the best for the New Year.

Ok are you ready?

Watch the Budgie of the Year Video:

Send me your ballot!:)

Here are the 11 finalists:

January

Tanti & Mango!

February

J.J!

March

Willow & Jack!

April

Sydney!

May

Fauna!

June

Charlie & Princess!

July

Coconut!

August

Sunny!

September

JoJo & Mutters!

October

Roger!

November

Chico & Pixie!

See above for details on how to vote for the Budgie of the Year!​

·
Registered
9,521 Posts
That's an excellent idea to PM them in!! That way we won't know who the winner is until he/she is announced. :D

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How do you enter the contest?
Sorry Fritz, we have all our contestants for this month. You can enter next month starting on Jan. 1st. Of course everyone can vote whether they are a contestant or not. Please vote :)

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had 23 PMs when I logged on tonight! yay! Thanks to everyone who voted. Keep those votes coming :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
I can't decide between 2!! Well they're all great but 2 are giving me a hard time! :)

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
"pssst-i've got a secret.....i know who's winning......it's so close though-it keeps changing....everytime i sneek a peek there is a new leader.....ooooo this is so suspensful!" gracie-mae xx

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
" wanna know who's in the lead? it's......"

GRACIE-MAE!!!

"uh-ho-busted"

You are not to tell anyone who is leading in the Budgie of the Year contest! It is top secret! Everyone will know at the end of the month after all the votes have been counted. Please do not spill the beans.

"ok-alright-calm down louara- go have some eggnog or something-i won't tell-promise"

;)

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
" wanna know who's in the lead? it's......"

GRACIE-MAE!!!

"uh-ho-busted"

You are not to tell anyone who is leading in the Budgie of the Year contest! It is top secret! Everyone will know at the end of the month after all the votes have been counted. Please do not spill the beans.

"ok-alright-calm down louara- go have some eggnog or something-i won't tell-promise"

;)
Gracie Mae! You love keeping momma on her toes dont you :giggle:

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
"someone has to miss lindsey and believe you me it is not an easy task :rolleyes:.....well we have lots of votes! over 50 so far keep em coming everyone....louara hid my calculator....:("-gracie-mae xx

·
Heavy Metal Pirate
5,493 Posts
Too... many... cute... budgies... brain... can't... decide... -brain blows up-

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.