Talk Budgies Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
My maiden post here.
Hope to connect with budgies lovers here :)

I bought a pair of 4 weeks old budgie two days ago n I noticed at night they don't huddle to sleep.
They r about 3cm apart standing on the perch.
Is this unusual or should they be closely huddled together?

Night temperature at my area is around 29 to 30 degree Celsius.
So I covered 90% of cage with a piece of thin cloth to keep it dark n warm. 10% for ventilation.
Is this advisable?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,325 Posts
Hi and welcome to the fourm. The birds are much too young to have been removed from the parents, are you hand feeding them or are they eating on their own and if so what are you giving them? 29- 30 degrees is pretty warm, translates to about 86 degrees F which I consider hot. You can cover the cage at night but at 30 degrees C you do not need to do it for warmth, more to keep any light out and to help them feel more secure. They do not have to huddle together, they will sleep wherever they are comfortable doing so. Can you post a picture of them?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi and welcome to the fourm. The birds are much too young to have been removed from the parents, are you hand feeding them or are they eating on their own and if so what are you giving them? 29- 30 degrees is pretty warm, translates to about 86 degrees F which I consider hot. You can cover the cage at night but at 30 degrees C you do not need to do it for warmth, more to keep any light out and to help them feel more secure. They do not have to huddle together, they will sleep wherever they are comfortable doing so. Can you post a picture of them?
hi,
thanks n noted on the temperature advice.
the age was a typo, didn't notice i missed out a "1". it's 14 weeks old |||

·
Administrator
55,530 Posts
Hi, Welcome to Talk Budgies!

The purpose of this forum is to promote the BEST PRACTICES in the care of budgies for their optimal Health and Well-Being.

Cody has given you excellent advice.

If these budgies are a mixed gender pair, it is going to be very important you do everything necessary to discourage breeding.

A heartfelt plea to forum members new and old

Tips For Discouraging Breeding

Before You Ever Consider Breeding Your Budgies

Guidance for Breeding Advice Threads

Please take the time to read through the Site Guidelines, the FAQs, the Budgie Articles and all of the Stickies located at the top of each section of the forum.

Truly, the very BEST advice anyone can offer you is to take the time to read ALL of the stickies throughout the various Talk Budgie forums as well as the Budgie Articles we have posted.

These are great resources for Talk Budgie members and have a wealth of reliable information which will assist you to learn the best practices in caring for your budgies for their optimal health and well-being.

SITE GUIDELINES

List of Stickies

Posting on the Forums

Let's Talk Budgies!

FAQ

Articles

Be Prepared for Veterinary Care Expense

Avian First Aid

Quarantine IS Necessary!

Cage sizes.

Essentials to a Great Cage

Resource Directory