Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
how you all doing??
well i will start breeding in about 3-5 days!
i have 10 budgies in total all of different ages,
the younger ones will breed next year! :D
The pairs are!
1) Green Cinnamon Wing Female & Grey Male
2) Grey Female & Grey Green Male
3) Opaline Sky Blue Female & Cobalt/Sky Blue Male
4) Sky Blue Cinnamon Wing Female & Cobalt/Violet Male
5) Green Opaline Clearflight Dominant Pied Female & Sky Blue Recessive Pied Male

the first 2 pairs i will breed in a few days, and the 3rd pair in a week or so and the last 2 pairs in march next year!
i can't wait, i have been reading alot about breeding1
so far in the FIRST pair, they have been kissing & the male has been trying to mate sidewards, but i was just checking if they like each other, so once i have all suplies etc i shall put them together,
i was doing the same with the SECOND pair and they were kissing and the female was looking into the nest box and taking alot of interest!
what do you think of the pairs?
do you think they will make good pairs?
how would you pair them up?!
I NEED ANSWERS FAST!! THANKS FOR READING (AND REPLY SOON :p)

·
Registered
173 Posts
1} Im not sure but I know that none will be cinnamon but the males will be split for it

2} blues,greens,graygreens, and grays not sure of the percentage though

3}what do you mean by colbalt/skyblue? If its a sky blue male itll be 100% normal skyblue
and if its a colbalt male 50% cobalt normals and 50% skyblue normals
all normals but males will be split for opaline

4} again what do mean by colbalt/violet? but then again I only have two violets and I dont know much about violet genetics? But I can tell you that none of the chicks will be cinnamon but the males will be split for it

5} Im so sorry I cant answer the last one because the females mutation is so confusing

nev correct me if im wrong

·
♥Budgies No.1 fan♥
3,368 Posts
i think youve paired them up well
but personally i wouls have paired female No. with male No.1 i love grey pieds..but thats just me:D

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi, thats a great idea!
i will be getting 3 new males and a new female tomorow, the males are grey, blue & grey yellow, th female could be skyblue, cobalt, violet, green etc

·
♥Budgies No.1 fan♥
3,368 Posts
by 'grey yellow' do you mean a yf2 grey??:) thats the only combe you can get from a yellow and grey

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i think so, not sure, but can't wait to get em!! :D well i'll post pics of them all tomorow, actually i'll post pics of all my budgies including the new arrivals!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.