Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my budgie for around 3 years now and we have always been fine. When ever he was out his cage he would not leave me alone and always land on me, come to me when called. Now suddenly out of no where he is avoiding me. He is not sick in any way, hyper, eating and drinking normally. I'm not sure what it is that i have done, its been a week or two now and nothing has changed. He comes on my hand when i bribe him with food but thats about it.
Is there anything i can do?

·
Banned
12 Posts
I have had my budgie for around 3 years now and we have always been fine. When ever he was out his cage he would not leave me alone and always land on me, come to me when called. Now suddenly out of no where he is avoiding me. He is not sick in any way, hyper, eating and drinking normally. I'm not sure what it is that i have done, its been a week or two now and nothing has changed. He comes on my hand when i bribe him with food but thats about it.
Is there anything i can do?
It is Normal for budgies to behave like this
My budgies qoutie and ire bit me yesterday
This happens normally
If he doesn’t start coming towards you eventually try starting his training once again
And try to gain his trust

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is Normal for budgies to behave like this
My budgies qoutie and ire bit me yesterday
This happens normally
If he doesn’t start coming towards you eventually try starting his training once again
And try to gain his trust
Yea i think saying he was scared of me was a bit incorrect, he was mostly avoiding me for some reason. Lasted a week or two... But he is a bit better today. Acting like nothing ever happened.

·
Administrator
55,089 Posts
Is he molting stop this time?
Are you certain nothing scared him when he was on you? Perhaps a loud noise or a sudden movement?
I would let him have his space. Don’t try to force him to be with you or in you if it isn’t what he wants currently. Talk to him and give him the opportunity to interact with you on his terms.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is he molting stop this time?
Are you certain nothing scared him when he was on you? Perhaps a loud noise or a sudden movement?
I would let him have his space. Don’t try to force him to be with you or in you if it isn’t what he wants currently. Talk to him and give him the opportunity to interact with you on his terms.
I think he was molting, there were quite a few feathers at the bottom of the cage. But it has stopped now and he does seem a bit better.
But im also thinking it could be because i carried him downstairs. I dont think he likes being downstairs without his cage,

·
Administrator
55,089 Posts
It's definitely not a good idea for you to take our budgie so far away from his cage. Remember his cage is his "Safe Place".
Please do not try to relocate him to the downstairs area of your home unless he is safely in his cage at the time you do so.
It appears you have the answer to the "why" your budgie suddenly stopped trusting you so I'm closing the thread now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.