Talk Budgies Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

Registered
Joined
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Latest update:

Good news: I just spoke with the Vet and she thinks that it will heal correctly by it self without another operation.
It's still she "thinks", and she will know more once the thick skin has died.

Therefore they will like to keep her a little longer, so that they can make sure that everything is as it's supposed to be.

They also say that Tiny is eating, seems well and is also making sounds. :)


I can call in tomorrow again to get the lastest news and hopefully to soon get Tiny back home.
But I see it as great news, as they don't think that another operation is needed, but we still need to wait; time will tell.


And btw thanks for all the cheering messages for Tiny :)
 

Super Moderator
Joined
4,040 Posts
That is great news are you allowed to visit her? I think it is best that she remains in the hospital until all danger of any issues with the skin have passed, the last thing you want is to get her home only to have to take her back because of something amiss with the skin or stitches. Did the vet tell you want the mass was that was removed?
 

Registered
Joined
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I'm not trying to rush Tiny home in any way. Of cause I want her home but only when she is 100% ready.

Should I want the tumor that they cut out of her? why should I want that? For further analysis? No we haven't talk about that at all. should I ask to get that?
 

Registered
Joined
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
ah that makes more sense. I actually haven't heard anything about that, which makes me think it was fat. That was her initial statement before the operation and I would imagine she would have told me if it was something else. but I can try to clarify tomorrow when I call them.
 

Registered
Joined
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Latest update and last update this week:

I have talked to them today and first of all it was a fatty tumor.
We talked about Tiny and her current state, and she is doing really fine, seems to have more energy and everything seems well.

They want to keep her at least until start of next week as they want to see her when the "wound crust" has fallen off to make absolutely sure that she is correctly closed up.
I agreed that this is a good idea.

So all in all everything seems well and the vet still dont think another operation is needed. :)

And that's why it's my last status this week, I told them I won't be calling for the rest of the week. But they will call me if something changes in Tinys state etc. (if the situation gets worse)
 

Registered
Joined
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Latest news is that Tiny went into operation for the second time as the vet wanted to close up the hole with some more stitches and she also removed some scar tissue.

Tiny is still doing really well and is also recovering from 2nd operation really well, maybe it was good that the vet waited 3 weeks before 2nd operation so that Tiny had more energy. But i hear shes doing really well and is eating and talking. :)

So if everything goes according to plan, maybe i can get her at end of next week. By then she has been away for 4 weeks.

But all in all good news. :)
 
21 - 34 of 34 Posts
Top