Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a week ago I noticed that my young male budgies wings were twitching. I contacted a vet, who said that she thought he was low on calcium. For the last week I have been doing everything I can to get calcium into his diet, including calcium drops in his water and on his food, lots of celery and broccoli and making sure he has the right vitamins in order to absorb the calcium. He is young, about 4 months old, and he doesn't seem totally sure of how to eat the broccoli and celery yet. I have cut both up into tiny pieces to make it easy for him, and have also stuck different sizes around his cage to keep it interesting for him. However, he is still twitching occasionally throughout the day. He is happy and healthy, he sings and flies around, he is interested in us and comes over when we talk to him.

I love him very much and I'm starting to get worried - could his wing twitching mean something else? Does it really take a while for calcium to be absorbed? I've read how complicated it can be for a budgie to absorb calcium. If there is anything more I can do please let me know, I just want him to be happy. :budgie:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.