Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 3 weeks ago, Bruce started emitting really wet poops. He's always had a tendency to do that, but it became much more frequent. The water level in the water dispensers kept going down rapidly.

We took him to the vet. They tested his poop, and took a blood sample and tested that. Poop was completely normal, except it was excessively watery. Blood sample was completely normal — healthy liver and kidney function, as far as can be determined. Physical exam was fine too. Weight is stable.

No behavioral symptoms of illness. He's full of energy (I don't think I've ever seen him sleep), loud, flying around, singing, all the usual. He just keeps drinking lots of water and then dropping wet poops. Sometimes when he hasn't drunk anything for a while and poops, it's totally normal.

The only behavioral change I've noticed is that he seems to be somewhat obsessively making regurgitation motions. Unlike Rico, he doesn't actually regurgitate, but he has a piece of perch that's his friend and he goes through the motions.

So, anyone have any ideas? Anyone else have a budgie that just drinks way too much water?

·
Administrator
56,638 Posts
I'm assuming since the vet did blood tests he also tested for diabetes? That would be my first concern with the excessive drinking and urination...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.