Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my budgies has hair tangled around his foot. I'm not even sure how that happened but it did. It's really tight and its hard to get off. Not sure how long its been there but it has cut the skin around his foot. I was able to get a little off with a pair off hair cutting scissors but he kept squirming and I don't want to cut one of his toes off on accident. Any advice?

·
Administrator
59,173 Posts
You either need to get the hair off yourself or take him into the vet right away to have it done.
If the hair cuts off the blood supply the bird could lose its leg, foot or toes

Do you have someone who can hold the bird still while you work the hair loose with a toothpick or something that isn’t as likely to cut the budgie?
Have the budgie wrapped in a dish towel and held gently while you work very carefully on his leg.

Let us know how things progress.
Good luck.

·
Administrator
59,173 Posts
What are your birds’s names?

From what I can see, the adorable white pied in that picture looks like it may be female.
If you will post full frontal pictures of your budgies’ ceres taken in natural light with no flash and no direct sunlight we can determine their genders. 💜

I’m glad your little one is doing well today.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
What are your birds’s names?

From what I can see, the adorable white pied in that picture looks like it may be female.
If you will post full frontal pictures of your budgies’ ceres taken in natural light with no flash and no direct sunlight we can determine their genders. 💜

I’m glad your little one is doing well today.
Here is a better picture of him. His name is Tsunami. He just turned a year old. I also have Cosmo who will be three this year and Luna who I just rescued who I think is two years old.
Bird Eye Parrot Pet supply Beak

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.