Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Wing Commander
1,780 Posts
The animal welfare investigators (and yes, I've read the reports, because circuses are required to have this checked) says that all the birds were very healthy according to the vet checks, the troupes live in converted aviary trailers with access to natural light and that they often go into Norman's trailer at night, so they do get out regularly.

I'd also add that there would have to be plenty of rehearsal in the big top.. Which is far better keeping than most budgies get.

Some traditional methods are not based solely in positive reinforcement - incorporating elements of negative reinforcement, negative punishment, force and reconcile methods in training. The divide between training methods is seen in many areas of training, and is really quite pronounced in the horse training world where it can get quite ugly!

I'd love to see how Norman does it, because the conditioning is so good - I would imagine it has a lot of positive reinforcement, but I could also imagine there would be some force and reconcile as well.

·
Wing Commander
1,780 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.