Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my sister's budgie that I am babysitting. I was just wondering what mutation he is?

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
I agree with ATV :)

He is also greywing or cinnamon, its hard for me to tell with so little markings but I lean toward cinnamon as his wing markings look to have a bit of brown. I am sure Nev will be along to say for sure :)

·
Member of the Month April 2011
5,435 Posts
Wow he is GORGEOUS!

Violet Spangle Dominant Pied
I agree with both comments! :D

I agree with ATV :)

He is also greywing or cinnamon, its hard for me to tell with so little markings but I lean toward cinnamon as his wing markings look to have a bit of brown. I am sure Nev will be along to say for sure :)
I'm not an expert like Kelli or Lindsey, but I don't see brown; I see violet in his wings ... even though he's not opaline. :p But I suppose he'd need to be either greywing or cinnamon because his violet body color appears to be diluted.

This bird is handsome ... and he knows it! :D

·
19,551 Posts
I agree with both comments! :D

I'm not an expert like Kelli or Lindsey, but I don't see brown; I see violet in his wings ... even though he's not opaline. :p But I suppose he'd need to be either greywing or cinnamon because his violet body color appears to be diluted.
What looks like brown to me is in the center of his back, and one tail quil on the left :) However it could just be my computer :p

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
I don't see the brown there :giggle: but after you mentioned it I went back up and looked in the 1st pic where you just barely see the wing markings they do look brown and a little bit around the eye area I can see brown bars. I saw it the 1st time but thought i was hallucinating :giggle:

·
19,551 Posts
Doh! Yes, I do see a brownish tinge there. Your powers of observation are acute! :D
Haha I am glad I am not the only one! :)

I don't see the brown there :giggle: but after you mentioned it I went back up and looked in the 1st pic where you just barely see the wing markings they do look brown and a little bit around the eye area I can see brown bars. I saw it the 1st time but thought i was hallucinating :giggle:
Yep its barely noticeable :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everybody for the information and comments. How come he is dominant pied and not recessive? Is is because of the body colour on his upper chest. His beak is very orange, a trait I thought meant recessive?

He'd make a great partner for the YF cinnamon grey recessive pied I posted on here just a couple of days ago. I may see what I can do.............. perhaps he could stay for a long holiday.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh I just had another look at the photos - he has an iris ring so not recessive pied.

·
Member of the Month April 2011
5,435 Posts
Thanks everybody for the information and comments. How come he is dominant pied and not recessive? Is is because of the body colour on his upper chest. His beak is very orange, a trait I thought meant recessive?

He'd make a great partner for the YF cinnamon grey recessive pied I posted on here just a couple of days ago. I may see what I can do.............. perhaps he could stay for a long holiday.
He's dominant pied due to clear band across his belly, but more notably, due to dark blue cere and iris rings. Recessive pieds have purply-pink ceres and black eyes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.