Talk Budgies Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

i am a little concerned about bunnie as every now and then she will lower her head towards her chest and twitch and it lasts for about a few seconds.
Shes still eating etc . We have an hours drive to our avarian vets so dont want to put her through that if shes ok
I just wanted any ideas what it is really xx

·
Administrator
58,954 Posts
The purpose of this forum is to promote the BEST PRACTICES in the care of budgies for their optimal Health and Well-Being
Locating an Avian Veterinarian

There is no way anyone on a forum can tell you if your budgie is OK.
An hour isn't a long drive to your Avian Vet. I drive that far with my birds.
Please have her seen by your Avian Vet as soon as possible for the proper diagnosis.

Avian Vets have special training to determine the cause of symptoms resulting from illness or trauma.
This is important as "regular" vets will often overlook symptoms that are quickly obvious to an Avian Vet.
When you rely on anyone who has not had training in Avian diagnosis and care, you may be delaying effective treatment.
This can prolong suffering that may be avoidable.
The bird will often require a more intense, prolonged treatment with a poorer chance of full recovery than it would have if you seek prompt professional diagnosis and treatment at the first sign of illness.
If there are no Avian Vets near you, please find an Exotic Pet Veterinarian with experience in dealing with small birds.

A Healthy Diet for your Budgie
Quality Seed Mix
CuttleBones, Mineral Blocks and Manu Clay Roses
Safe Foods for Budgies
The Truth about GRIT

Please take the time to read through the Site Guidelines, the FAQs, the Budgie Articles and all of the Stickies located at the top of each section of the forum.
Truly, the very BEST advice anyone can offer you is to take the time to read ALL of the stickies throughout the various Talk Budgie forums as well as the Budgie Articles we have posted.
(Stickies are threads “stuck” at the top of each forum sub-section)
These are great resources for Talk Budgie members and have a wealth of reliable information which will assist you to learn the best practices in caring for your budgies for their optimal health and well-being.

SITE GUIDELINES
Posting on the Forums
Let's Talk Budgies!
FAQ
Articles
Be Prepared for Veterinary Care Expense
Avian First Aid
Quarantine IS Necessary!
A Heartfelt Plea to All Members
Tips For Discouraging Breeding
Before You Ever Consider Breeding Your Budgies
Guidance for Breeding Advice Threads
Cage sizes.
Essentials to a Great Cage
Dangers to Pet Birds
Resource Directory

·
Super Moderator
19,335 Posts
Hello and welcome to the posting side of the forums!

You have been given great advice above and I agree completely. It's best to take her into an avian vet as we have no way to determine what illness or disorder she may have.

Additionally, it's great to have you on the forums. If you haven't already, be sure to read through the forums' many budgie articles and "stickies", most of which have been provided above, to ensure you're up to date on everything!

If you have any questions after doing so, please be sure to ask as we'd love to help!

Please keep us updated on how Bunnie is doing soon :)

Best wishes!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts