41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Thanks!
She likes her ladder.
Pet supply Mammal Gas Composite material Metal

Her tail grew back, and her pin feathers are everywhere on her face 🥳 her wings seem darker, too. I had originally thought she was just a "common wild budgie", but her tail feathers are quite colourful and her body has some touches of brown and turquoise. Should I wait until her molt is finished to ask for her mutation type?

EDIT: Also, should I trim the rope of the ladder a bit more?

·
Super Moderator
18,608 Posts
She’s so cute ☺ I can tell right now she’s a normal dark green~ the blue you’re seeing by her vent usually indicates she’s split to blue but she will likely molt that out after a few more rounds ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Quick Updates:
  • Bushy's forehead is mostly yellow now.
  • Her flight feathers are back.
  • Her cere is turning a scaly brown.
  • She follows us around a bit so we're careful with our step.
  • I'm told she crashed into the window while I was out - we're having curtains installed next weekend and I really should've anticipated this now that she roams the entire floor and has flight feathers. She seems alright, although a bit quiet. We've put some stickers on the window for now.
  • She somehow learned to step onto our hands and fingers without needing official instruction or whatsoever. Birds are smart, I won't be surprised if she takes over our house.
  • She can eat full pellets now, but prefers to eat them from the rolling pin.
  • She likes it when we whistle.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Felidae Natural material Reptile Terrestrial animal Terrestrial plant

Quick Updates:
  • Bushy took a bath in her water bowl! (haha, and there's me hanging vegetables in her cage every two days and even taking her into the human shower. The simplest solutions often end up being the most effective.)
  • She's 6 1/4 months old, so I'll assume molting's why she lost her tail again.
  • She's really eager to do recall training! It's a great way to exercise her wings and bond with her 😊
  • Something: she taps the mineral block and does some "pinning" motion with her eyes. It's really interesting to watch.
  • She whistles! I haven't caught it on video yet - I think she knows when I'm recording her.
We could afford an upgrade to her cage now, but I'm also thinking of using the money for a type of tree or stand (or a few stands) around the house as she likes travelling everywhere. She spends most of her time outside her cage, she's only inside during nighttime and during meals. I could use some money to bird-proof the other half of the living room and add some perches or large stands around the house for her to play on. What do you think?
Her cere is still only half brown, but something I've noticed is that when one plays piano with the book on the stand she'll try to bury into the place behind the book. I'm assuming she's exploring for a dark place but we can't stop using piano books - the only solution for now is to play with her so the piano player can practice properly or put her in her cage for a while (she doesn't mind, she likes the piano music). Any thoughts/comments?
As she flies to (mainly middle family member) us without millet, just exercising her muscles or making use of human perches - is she "tame" or "bonded" to us? She also accepts a hand when in a tight situation and seems comfortable preening herself or looking and things on a finger.

·
Administrator
57,360 Posts
Bushy is doing GREAT!
Bird-proofing a larger area and adding perches and stands for her to fly to is an excellent idea.
Yes, when she tries to hide behind the piano books, she is looking for a dark place and what you are doing to keep her otherwise occupied is excellent.
It sounds as though Bushy is definitely choosing to be with you so she's bonding well!

41 - 47 of 47 Posts