Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Member of the Month Dec 2014
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son and daughter-in-law sent the birds a little sleeping hut which I hung from a a branch on the playstand.. Spec decided it was his and Buzz should not be allowed to explore. They haven't played on this stand for weeks, but now with the "NEW" toy, it has become something to fight over. That's why the sleeping hut is out in the big room and not in a cage. LOL

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Fids!:rolleyes: :fencing:

·
Servant of The King
11,866 Posts
That thing is cool...never seen one before. Pretty obvious in the video that spec feel's it is pretty special and should belong to him...LOL...:)

·
Administrator
59,662 Posts
The playstand looks like a great place for the new "toy".
How cute that Spec has claimed possession of it already. :giggle:

I can't tell from the video -- what material is the hut made of?

Have any of your females checked it out as a potential nesting site yet or does Spec chase them away from it? ;)

·
Member of the Month Dec 2014
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The little hut is made out of some fabric that seems pretty 'felted' and safe from toenails and unfortunately only one of my 3 girls get flight time in the room right now...that's the English budgie who is fully flighted. I tried to allow little Addie and Opal out for playtime but they always ended up on the floor. Addie would step up but wouldn't stay on long enough to get back to the top of the cages on the table next to my desk. And everytime she jumped off, she landed really hard on the floor. Her tail got all busted up with broken feathers. Fortunately, no blood feathers were broken during the couple of weeks I tried letting her out. Now she's in a good sized flight with Opal who also came with her flights trimmed. Opal isn't quite as severely trimmed as Addie - but she makes me chase her down when she lands on the floor and I felt like I was taking two steps backward in the taming and bonding process - so she and Addie are waiting for flights to grow in. Bacall hasn't shown any interest whatsoever in that part of the room. So far, so good.
Deb, to your point, I was worried about the little sleeping hut setting up an egg-laying situation, so put it in the middle of the room rather than in someone's cage. That stand is an old sheet music stand, I believe. My brother in law helped me drill it out and attach a plant tray and small branch to it. I just zip tie bigger branches as inspiration hits me. LOL Duct tape and zip ties -- greatest inventions ever!!!

Reactions: FaeryBee and Kate C

·
Administrator
59,662 Posts
Awww, hopefully little Addie and Opal will have better luck in joining the fun during out-of-cage time when their flight feathers grow back.

The idea of using the sheet-music stand is brilliant!

I agree that duct-tape and cable-ties are awesome -- what on earth would we do without them? :eek:

·
2014 MEMBER OF THE YEAR
4,205 Posts
I love it! If I had a hut here, it would be destroyed by Lina! No matter what the fabric is.. there are no boundaries for her beak! :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.