Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone of you tell me which mutation is the bird on the right? The left one is a pure green budgie!

Any extra info on that mutation would be helpful!

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
hi there,

it looks like a light green pied, probably a recessive pied, but without a picture from the side or back it is tricky to tell.

the one on the left looks like a light green cinnamon... if its markings are brown.

·
Registered
7,173 Posts
Can you post pictures of their backs? There are certain mutations like Spangle and Opaline that cannot be seen from the front only :)

·
Registered
257 Posts
I am JUST barely trying to learn. So from what I read today, to me it seems to be a dominant pied green budgie. The dominant pied variety has a clear zone across the bottom of the wings. The band across the dominant pied's wings and belly can be very large. The band across the dominant pied's wings and belly can also be very small. Also the band on the body can be irregular, like your bird above. As most of them said a picture of his back. However do NOT take my word for it. Wait for other's to comment on it.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Shelly is right, from what can be see the bird on the right has the characteristics of a dominant pied. Body colour high on the chest is usually a sigh of a dominant pied but we need a back picture to be sure. The other bird looks cinnamon light green

·
Registered
257 Posts
Agreed with Nev Dominant pied as well as cinnamon

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.